Bartman new album, Los Gigantes on blu ray, dvda dvdv and download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert van Diggele

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Our buddy Torsten Bartkowiak, aka Bartman, has released a new album called Los Gigantes. And it is available on multiple formats. Bluray, dvd-a, dvd-v and download. The bluray has the earlier two albums Bartman3 and Journey Into The Dark with a 2015 mix and mastering.

This is the full content of the various formats
http://www.bartman-music.de/new_album.htm

Los Gigantes:
Kleinserie mit Digipack
Bild/Menü Bluray: HD
Bild DVD: NTSC
Bluray: DTS-HD
DVD-Audio: MLP 96/24
DVD-Video: AC3 48/24, DTS 96/24
Anzahl Tracks: 12
Laufzeit Album: 54:02

Additional content Bluray:
bArtMan³/new mix & mastering
journey/new mix & mastering
- more vintage reverb effects
- drum-overheads are not so sharp
- vintage mixing desk
- new warm and fat Mastering
- more 3D sound
Los Gigantes - Bluray/DVD-Audio/Video & CD/MP3 - 2015

Tracklisting:

Overture / In My Thoughts
Introverted
Open My Eyes
This is Goodbye
City Jungle
Los Gigantes
Pico del Teide
Paisaje Lunar
Roques de Garcia
Los Gigantes (Reprise)
Be Careful with Nature
Harmonic Influence

Musik: Torsten Bartkowiak / Text: Sabine Gehrke

Das Album wurde von November 2013 bis März 2015 in sequentieller Reihenfolge der Songs produziert.
Overture/In My Thoughts: orchestral
Introverted: akustisch/vintage
Open My Eyes: psychedelisch/vintage
This is Goodbye: 80-er
City Jungle: dark ambient
Los Gigantes: psychedelisch/vintage
Pico del Teide: ambient/electro
Paisaje Lunar: psychedelisch/vintage
Roques de Garcia: art rock/vintage
Los Gigantes (Reprise): ambient/vintage
Be Careful with Nature: orchestral
Harmonic Influence: art rock/vintage

Bartman3 and Journey into the Dark are great albums, music and mixwise. Looking forward to the new album on bluray.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered! I already have the 2 other DVD Audios.

I hope the drums are more upfront on this one. I felt the drums on the previous 2 are rather muffled. Not very open.
Torsten please listen to Ohio Player Fire and honey DTS CDS or Steven Wilson's Birthday Party off Drive Home for 5.1 mixing of drums. I am sure you will find some of the drum rolls around the soundstage inspiring.

Thank you.

I'm sure you like the new sound from all albums. The drums have a wider dynamic range and sound more in your face. My intention is a vintage touch like the 70th. That's why I mix the overheads not so bright and sharp.

:spot the nearest thing I could find to a "I'm so smug" emoticon!

Torsten's e-mail arrived at 17:05 I ordered 17:26! I really liked the other two albums, so looking forward to this, plus the new Hi-Res 5.1 mixes of the other albums on Blu-ray.

Hi Duncan,

thank you for your order. You are the fastest buyer. Congratulation ;-).
The bluray goes out tomorrow. Enjoy it.

Best regards
Torsten

Ordered the Blu-ray....

So for Bartman3 is this the third mix thats been released?

I've already got two mixes... :eek:

The first modification were small changes in the mastering. After experience with Journey and the first half on Gigantes I've had a plan to this bluray. It was the easiest way to offer the new mixes to the first customers.

Ordered. I just had to, seeing the beautiful picture of Teide on the album cover :) (Been hiking up the Teide a couple of times myself).
Having the previous two bArtMan releases in my collection allready it's an easy choice.

The BluRay arrived at my place today - in Montreal, Canada!! Great one, Torsten! Nice!

It's too early for me to post a review, but I'm listening to Los Gigantes for the first time right now and do like it. Some really good stuff here! Sound quality is excellent, so is the mix.

I was excited that the two other albums are on the BluRay, so now I have all 3 on disc (I bought the DVD-V downloads that were on offer for the first 2 a year or so back). I was a bit disppaointed that the last 4 tracks of "Bartman³" are missing. I know they were sort-of "bonus tracks", since they were 5.1 remixes of tracks from previous albums, but they were way cool and for me, they really belonged to the album.

Well, I'll just fill them in from the DVD-V I have.

Either way - quick first impresssion: good job, and definitely better than Journey, which I was a bit ambiguous about. Well done!

Hi Torsten,

A package from Germany arrived, I wondered what it was as it was unexpected. So thanks very much for the replacement Blu-Ray with the corrected mastering, it turned up in the post this morning. That's what I call quality control. (y) :)

Thanks. Duncan

According to Torsten the treble was trimmed during the mastering.

Back