Be-Bop Deluxe in surround! (“Drastic Plastic” out in 2021!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I guess Burning Shed _did_ jump the gun -- guess what package was awaiting me this afternoon? :LB

I'll try to post pics later if no one else does. In the meantime, I put it next to the SUNBURST FINISH, and apart from the new one being maybe a quarter inch (or less) taller from top to bottom, they are otherwise the same size! They will stick out of the bookshelf at the same width.
This is why I thought it was weird... why not just make them the same size if they're going to be that close anyway? (I don't really care, though... just pointing it out)

This is why I thought it was weird... why not just make them the same size if they're going to be that close anyway? (I don't really care, though... just pointing it out)

Yes, I find myself agreeing, but hey, maybe it is the OCD in me. Wish it extended to having my rooms neatly organized :(

No notification for me yet, dammit!

Maybe they are shipping according to when they received the orders. I ordered mine on March 18th. Besides, you will still likely have yours before I do.
They might be releasing international shipments first, knowing that they will take longer to arrive … keeping the May 31st release date in mind.

Last edited:
I ordered mine from importcds on 2-28 and so far no notification. But I am relieved they started shipping them. That’s encouraging!

No notification for me yet, dammit!

So, by the time the Kid finally did receive his 5.1 deluxe remix of FUTURAMA ..........

See the source image

EH?

Don't feel badly. I haven't received my ImportCD notification, either

How’s the surround mix?
The surround factor is deployed as the music (and also number of guitar overdubs) dictates. It's frontal with additional elements much of the time. Not discrete 24/7 but not Tom Petty either. Comfortable mix that respects the original album sound although there are also some rhythm elements I'd never heard so clearly before. That three bonus tracks are also in 5.1 is a nice touch.

The surround factor is deployed as the music (and also number of guitar overdubs) dictates. It's frontal with additional elements much of the time. Not discrete 24/7 but not Tom Petty either. Comfortable mix that respects the original album sound although there are also some rhythm elements I'd never heard so clearly before. That three bonus tracks are also in 5.1 is a nice touch.
Good to hear. Bill Nelson typically laid down a lot of guitar tracks, so I’ve always imagined Bebop translating well to surround in the right hands.

Even the Kid got said notification! Woohoo!

By the way Kid, Amazon's current price is STILL $20 higher than what I paid at ImportCD.https://www.amazon.com/Futurama-BE-BOP-DELUXE/dp/B07P2JBRKD/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1HAE9Q5J5LN1S&keywords=bebop+deluxe+futurama&qid=1559224556&s=gateway&sprefix=be+bop+deluxe%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-1-spell

By the way Kid, Amazon's current price is STILL $20 higher than what I paid at ImportCD.https://www.amazon.com/Futurama-BE-BOP-DELUXE/dp/B07P2JBRKD/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1HAE9Q5J5LN1S&keywords=bebop+deluxe+futurama&qid=1559224556&s=gateway&sprefix=be+bop+deluxe%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-1-spell
Same here!

Back