Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Part Two 5.1 Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scorgiman

Looks like the Beastie Boys are releasing their latest album "Hot Sauce Committee Part Two" in a deluxe edition that will include the album in 5.1 on both Blu-ray & DVD.
It doesn't look like there will be any way of getting the discs outside of this $88.98 set. I'd buy this if the Blu-ray were available on its own...

It will contain:

Blu Ray AND DVD versions of the entire album PLUS all of the REMIXES mixed in stereo and 5.1 surround sound audio.
Also includes BOTH long and short versions of the star studded FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT REVISITED video and the Spike Jonze directed thriller DON'T PLAY NO GAME THAT I CANT WIN.
Packaged in a gorgeous hard back 130+ page book containing exclusive behind the scenes photos of the making of FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT REVISITED.
Official Beastie Boys STUYVESANT PHYSICAL ED T-Shirt included (S-XXL).

Link

rsd-image-big-1.jpgToo bad that isn't a DVD-A disc.......

^ is that yours bobou2?

Here is another email from them I received, with emphasis added by me:
Now hear ye hear ye, all ye good people of thy land:

Today, the 7th of November, thine shall be able to have the good fortune of ordering the supremely deluxe boxed set, deluxe and very explicit, very full length, full multi-course banquet version of Beastie Boys Hot Sauce Committee Part Two CD and DVD inclusive of Blu Ray AND DVD versions of the entire album PLUS all of the REMIXES mixed in stereo and 5.1 surround sound audio. Also includes BOTH long and short versions of the star studded FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT REVISITED video and the Spike Jonze directed thriller DON’T PLAY NO GAME THAT I CANT WIN. Packaged in a gorgeous hard back 130+ page book containing exclusive behind the scenes photos of the making of FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT REVISITED. Last but not least, includes an official Beastie Boys STUYVESANT PHYSICAL ED (S-XXL). Quantities Limited.
Remixes? Hope they're good ones........

I really REALLY wish they do the surround treatment on Hello Nasty. Check Your Head would be cool too but would never hold my breath for Paul's Boutique because of the bazillion samples used in it.

I was close to taking the plunge on this one but found that it is now sold out (according to the beastie boys website). My understanding is this was a limited release, but hopefully the blu-ray is made available in some form in the future.

I just picked this up. I'll hopefully get a chance to take a listen this weekend. I had to get this off of ebay as both of my local record stores sold out of their copies.

Just FYI for people in the UK (and maybe the rest of Europe?) that this title is available from all the big online shops, hmv.com, play.com, etc. My amazon.co.uk order (the lowest price available at £41.99) is due to ship on Monday.

I've given this one listen this morning. The Beasties bring it as always musically and this is a fun, funky disc. The surround mix is not nearly as aggressive as I'd hoped it would be. The surround speakers get a lot of secondary rythmic elements but whoever mixed this could have learned from Beck's Guero. Given the amount of echo/distortion used by the Beasties, it is a bit hard to judge the improvement in quality from the higher resolution DTS format. I will say there are two rather crazy videos on here worth watching.

I'm enjoying this release, but the surround mix is disappointing. I'd hope that the Beasties would bring more than an average surround experience.

I've given this one listen this morning. The Beasties bring it as always musically and this is a fun, funky disc. The surround mix is not nearly as aggressive as I'd hoped it would be. The surround speakers get a lot of secondary rythmic elements but whoever mixed this could have learned from Beck's Guero. Given the amount of echo/distortion used by the Beasties, it is a bit hard to judge the improvement in quality from the higher resolution DTS format. I will say there are two rather crazy videos on here worth watching.

I'm enjoying this release, but the surround mix is disappointing. I'd hope that the Beasties would bring more than an average surround experience.
Why are we still getting these types of mixes? What is going on in the recording industry? We, mere amateurs, all know what makes a good mix. Hey you professionals: Wake Up!

Why are we still getting these types of mixes? What is going on in the recording industry? We, mere amateurs, all know what makes a good mix. Hey you professionals: Wake Up!

my guess this field in needs of new generation of professional or selftought mixing engineers.
majority of those working at present, albeit doing well with stereo, unfortunately have no
understanding of concept of panoramic sound and absolute lack of imagination to implement
it into final product.
perhaps the road to career of leading mixing engineer in major studios corrupted as much as
the road into chair of CEO. one doesn't need to be talanted, appropriate connections and
backing are more valuable.

Thanks haikubass!
Nice little find. I've placed my order and looking forward to this.

Ordered also! Even with having to reship it it's still a great deal.

Damn, I missed it. Looks like the same seller is now selling them at $41.01 each.

Back