HiRez Poll Beatles, The - ABBEY ROAD (Dolby Atmos Mix) [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of The Beatles - ABBEY ROAD (Dolby Atmos Mix)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
I've never heard the original, but I can't imagine how it could sound any better than this. Truly stellar.
Agreed. The original album is considered a milestone of audio engineering (akin to Dark Side Of The Moon). I suppose for me, it's a matter of having heard the original vinyl many decades ago, then later comparing the digital CD remaster, and now hearing this new master. It seems like a new experience in many ways beyond just the surround separation. I can't help but think they took advantage of the newest technology and techniques to optimize the audio during the remix and remastering (as Steven Wilson regularly does with the many surround remixes has done). Bottom line, this new Abbey Road simply sounds incredible.

The sound of Abbey Road is largely the product of the newly designed and built EMI TG12345 solid state mixing board. All other Beatle recordings were done on EMI tube/“valve” boards. It’s ironic that the Beatles ( especially Ringo and engineer Geoff Emerick) weren’t happy with how the new board sounded. If I’m not mistake, Dark Side Of The Moon was also through the new board.

I'm thinking the same thing. Looked at receivers last night. LOL.
I recommend it. I used to have a 5.1 setup, but it was a combo of different amps. I wanted to simplify, so I replaced it with an AV amp (Denon 9-channel). Since I had the channels available, I thought why not add a couple of height speakers? I'm glad I did. Hearing Atmos mixes with that extra height does make for an even more immersive experience. Sometimes it's subtle, giving more of a 3D 'atmosphere', which is nice. But for some Atmos releases, discrete elements are positioned above you (e.g. Kraftwerk - 3D, Yello - Point), which is quite amazing.

I recommend it. I used to have a 5.1 setup, but it was a combo of different amps. I wanted to simplify, so I replaced it with an AV amp (Denon 9-channel). Since I had the channels available, I thought why not add a couple of height speakers? I'm glad I did. Hearing Atmos mixes with that extra height does make for an even more immersive experience. Sometimes it's subtle, giving more of a 3D 'atmosphere', which is nice. But for some Atmos releases, discrete elements are positioned above you (e.g. Kraftwerk - 3D, Yello - Point), which is quite amazing.
Thank you for your response and for giving me a heads up on Kraftwerk and Yello. Hopefully you can give me some advice. Kraftwerk 3D comes in a 8 disc box set with Disc 7 being blu ray and listed as headphones surround. Is it truely limited to headphones? Also, I learned that Kraftwerk 3D comes in a 4 disc blu ray box set. Which do you recommend? Thanks!

Thank you for your response and for giving me a heads up on Kraftwerk and Yello. Hopefully you can give me some advice. Kraftwerk 3D comes in a 8 disc box set with Disc 7 being blu ray and listed as headphones surround. Is it truely limited to headphones? Also, I learned that Kraftwerk 3D comes in a 4 disc blu ray box set. Which do you recommend? Thanks!
Hi Russell, I am not the best expert on which version of Kraftwerk 3D is the best for you. My quest was to find the most affordable version that gave me at least some of the best tracks in Atmos (I was not interested in the 'headphone' mix). I was fortunate to find on eBay a copy of the 'Abridged' version that included only 1 BluRay and 1 DVD, that's it. This version is apparently hard to find. The Atmos mix is stunningly good... wait until you hear Autobahn in 3D!

Hi Russell, I am not the best expert on which version of Kraftwerk 3D is the best for you. My quest was to find the most affordable version that gave me at least some of the best tracks in Atmos (I was not interested in the 'headphone' mix). I was fortunate to find on eBay a copy of the 'Abridged' version that included only 1 BluRay and 1 DVD, that's it. This version is apparently hard to find. The Atmos mix is stunningly good... wait until you hear Autobahn in 3D!
Thanks for getting back to me. Looking forward to this.

Back