HiRez Poll Beatles, The - ABBEY ROAD (Dolby Atmos Mix) [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of The Beatles - ABBEY ROAD (Dolby Atmos Mix)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
I’ve done three solid listens today of the Atmos mix on my Yamaha RX-V 2085 and it’s just stunning. A solid 10 no question. It’s even more than I could have wished for. I like it more and more each listen. Songs I didn’t anticipate being remarkable in surround are all encompassing (Sun King). During the closing section of I Want You, I actually exclaimed out loud “it’s taking over my living room!”

Blown away. I only have three so far, but this is easily the best Atmos mix I’ve ever heard. Oh and....

Paul’s bass!

I haven't voted in this poll. I guess what I'm asking is what one needs to hear the Atmos mix.
oh sorry you need a Receiver capable of Atmos and then depending on how much you want to spend maybe 7 speakers and sub plus 2 or 4 height speakers which can either be wall mounted at or near ceiling height or actually in the ceiling

oh sorry you need a Receiver capable of Atmos and then depending on how much you want to spend maybe 7 speakers and sub plus 2 or 4 height speakers which can either be wall mounted at or near ceiling height or actually in the ceiling
Or upward firing speakers, instead of heights!
:SB

Ok, this is my first time voting in the Quad Polls that I've cherished for all of these years!
The Beatles Abbey Road Blu-ray is why I upgraded my system this summer to Atmos and to join QuadraphonicQuad.com. I've enjoyed Kraftwerk and REM in Atmos but they didn't blow me away. I own several other Atmos music disks that are okay.

Abbey Road in Atmos surround is the best use of surround sound that I've ever heard. It blows me away! It is so much more than what I was expecting. The quality of the recordings, mix, and songs are excellent. The box set is excellent. = 10.

I would rather the Blu-ray disk would wait for me to select the audio format rather than missing the beginning of Come Together and having to replay the track to hear it from the beginning. I would rather have a nice protective case for the disk vs the cardboard sleeve. That is it. No other quibbles...

This disk sets the Atmos music standard so high that I fear it will take a long time before we get anything comparable. If they remix Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon into Atmos we'll have a contender... and honestly, as good a job that was done with this disk, the job should be handed over to Giles Martin!

There needs to be a higher score than 10!

David H

I voted a 9 but it's reductive to 5 channels, sorry if you only want 7 channel reviews, feel free to cancel my vote;))

Back