HiRez Poll Beatles, The - ABBEY ROAD (Dolby Atmos Mix) [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of The Beatles - ABBEY ROAD (Dolby Atmos Mix)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Thats funny we are moving house and will be putting in Auro 3D specs and hoping Atmos sounds ok.
I have to tell my AVR that the rear heights are above the surround backs, or it won't route sound to them while Atmos is engaged.
Auro is happy with them above the backs or the sides.

What is Atmos? Part 1
Abbey Road Atmos Track by Track

One of the things that I like about Atmos is that I can detect no difference between Dolby Atmos mixed down to 5.1 and the DTS MA 5.1 stream. That verifies for me that Atmos is truly backwards compatible with 5.1. (For those of you old enough to remember, Columbia SQ quad claimed full backwards compatibility with stereo. Although a true statement, the SQ versions could sound a bit different than the pure stereo recordings)

One of the things that I like about Atmos is that I can detect no difference between Dolby Atmos mixed down to 5.1 and the DTS MA 5.1 stream. That verifies for me that Atmos is truly backwards compatible with 5.1. (For those of you old enough to remember, Columbia SQ quad claimed full backwards compatibility with stereo. Although a true statement, the SQ versions could sound a bit different than the pure stereo recordings)
Well, downmixed to stereo, in headphones, they sound totally different.

Well, downmixed to stereo, in headphones, they sound totally different.

Do we know if the stereo mix was independent of the Atmos mix. My guess is that it is.
That would be different because the 5.1 mix was most likely a mix down from the Atmos.

Dolby Atmos GREAT on my Home Theater 9.2 (5.4.2) Pioneer SC-95 Class D3 amplifiers via Klipsch Center and 4 towers the in the air are Mirage OMNIPOLAR Omnisats (NOT THE MICROS) front sub Klipsch Rear sub Mirage both quite adequately powered Oppo 203 primary optical disc player
Video Epson Home Cinema 5040UBe WirelessHD 3LCD Home Theater Projector with 4K and Enhancements: HDR and Wide Color Gamut
109inch Screen

It also sounds superb on my Office/pod system
2 listens Dolby TruHD more dynamic than DTS-HD Mstr

Oppo 103/95 Pioneer VSX-1124 7.2 165 w/Channel via 5.1 setup with the amazing tiny Orbs -best speakers for the money -hands-down
Jamo by Klipsch 360 S 25 w/(C 35) Center Channel Speaker Pioneer powered Sub

Video LG 55" model 55u8500-ua 4K 3D

Dolby reigns supreme on this release in all forms and I like DTS/Neural -X
Did I hear an audio dip somewhere or did imagine it ?

Last edited:
Care to elaborate? What are the setups you have compared?
I gave this several more listens after my initial comment. To compare I used equally matched full range speakers for the 5 channels. Each channel has its own amp. Klipsch Atmos speakers for the heights. Oppo 203 - Yamaha RX2070 running straight setting.
5.1 mix is nicely balanced.
Atmos mix - less content coming from the surrounds. Sounds like what came from the surrounds on the 5.1 mix were sent to the heights.
I would expect the surrounds to to be just as active & have additional effects come from the heights.
The Atmos mix is also much louder than the 5.1. Especially the bass.
I have never voted a 10 so the 5.1 gets a 9. The Atmos gets an 8.

After about 3 listens each to the 5.1 and Atmos....

Atmos wins on pure audio quality. That bass has never sounded so good and really adds to the songs. I want you (she's so heavy) is pretty mind blowing. Have a 5.2.1 Atmos setup. In the 5.1 mix I noticed more from the rear speakers but on Atmos it felt like expanded stereo. I do not have ceiling speakers but front speak upfiring Elacs.... didn't really notice a lot going on to be honest. It was sonically magix though.

Wow once again. 10. Today I installed 4 Boston Acoustics on-ceiling speakers and enabled Atmos. They sound great in a 5.2.4 system with Ascends in the other positions. The already near-perfect Abbey Road 5.1 mix opens up in Atmos to envelop the listener in a 3 dimensional crystal clear sound field. It feels GOOD. Like you might feel in a high-end acoustically treated theater setting. Just wow, to repeat.

Wow once again. 10. Today I installed 4 Boston Acoustics on-ceiling speakers and enabled Atmos. They sound great in a 5.2.4 system with Ascends in the other positions. The already near-perfect Abbey Road 5.1 mix opens up in Atmos to envelop the listener in a 3 dimensional crystal clear sound field. It feels GOOD. Like you might feel in a high-end acoustically treated theater setting. Just wow, to repeat.
Now that’s what we love to hear! And I totally agree...

Back