HiRez Poll Beatles, The - ABBEY ROAD (Dolby Atmos Mix) [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of The Beatles - ABBEY ROAD (Dolby Atmos Mix)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Wow once again. 10. Today I installed 4 Boston Acoustics on-ceiling speakers and enabled Atmos. They sound great in a 5.2.4 system with Ascends in the other positions. The already near-perfect Abbey Road 5.1 mix opens up in Atmos to envelop the listener in a 3 dimensional crystal clear sound field. It feels GOOD. Like you might feel in a high-end acoustically treated theater setting. Just wow, to repeat.
shit.. I'm gonna have to join the club...

I rated it a 9, only because I hav3nt heard any other ATMOS mixes, yet!

wow, that’s a new experience in listening to music. It takes the 5.1 mix, which was already nice and open, and adds another level of space. Impressive.

I'm enjoying the Atmos much more on this listen. I have the volume lowered around 7db, from normal, allowing the room to breath a lot more.
Anyone else experience this?
Its too loud for my tastes. People listening to premium releases like this are likely to have nice systems with plenty of power. Why make it so loud?

Its too loud for my tastes. People listening to premium releases like this are likely to have nice systems with plenty of power. Why make it so loud?

Compared to Pepper it isn't loud.

I don't have a problem with how loud the 5.1 mix is.
Has anyone ripped just the top channels in a 5.1.2 setup? I would like to compare the top channels to the back channels of the 7.1.

Other than having to lower the volume 3db, compared to the 5.1 mix, I'm happy with the sound of the Atmos.
Yes. About 3db louder. Is this because more speakers are putting out volume?
It seemed like the bass was louder too.

I am listening on a 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos setup with 4 in ceiling atmos speakers. The Abbey Road Atmos mix - surround is well done but a conservative mix with not as much out of the ceiling speakers as I would have preferred. I like surround mixes to be different than just an expanded version of stereo. Abbey Road Atmos mix is good but I desire mixes with more wow like the Beatles Love mix or many Steven Wilson mixes JMHO. A vote of 9 for me.

I am listening on a 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos setup with 4 in ceiling atmos speakers. The Abbey Road Atmos mix - surround is well done but a conservative mix with not as much out of the ceiling speakers as I would have preferred. I like surround mixes to be different than just an expanded version of stereo. Abbey Road Atmos mix is good but I desire mixes with more wow like the Beatles Love mix or many Steven Wilson mixes JMHO. A vote of 9 for me.

The Love mix isn't Atmos. The 5.1 mix of Abbey Road is far from conservative.

I understand Love isn’t Atmos, I was describing mixes I prefer. IMO Abbey Road is conservative. Your mileage may vary.

But the 5.1 mix isn't and you don't even mention the 5.1 mix. Using large rear speakers listening to the 5.1 mix you can't come to the conclusion the mix is conservative. The White Album and Pepper, yes, Abbey Road, no way.

Are you using tiny speakers in the rears like most ceiling speakers?

But the 5.1 mix isn't and you don't even mention the 5.1 mix. Using large rear speakers listening to the 5.1 mix you can't come to the conclusion the mix is conservative. The White Album and Pepper, yes, Abbey Road, no way.

Are you using tiny speakers in the rears like most ceiling speakers?
The four in-ceiling Atmos speakers are 12 inch diameter, the R-L surrounds are def tech dual bipolar speakers with dual 6 inch speakers per side 4 speakers per speaker, and the rear surround speakers are Martin Logan. These are not full range but definitely not small. The L C R main speakers are Martin Logan Vantages with Martin Logan Stage center channel - with 2 SVS ultra 16 sb subwoofers. The reason i didn’t mention the 5.1 mix is because I only have listened to the Atmos mix.

I got this when it came out and just listened to it for the first time last night. Was waiting to be able to get together with an old college buddy for a formal "listening party" and to introduce him to what ATMOS had to offer. I'm not what you would call a Beatles superfan, but am modestly familiar with most of their tunes. I knew 90% of the songs on this album, but had never listened to it as an album.

Absolutely blown away. A highlight was cranking She's So Heavy up to 11 and experiencing that ending. The entire album is a winner on all fronts. Sonics, placement, movement, a little thumpety-thump-thump in the low end, nothing too crazy in the height speakers, but enough to elevate the sound bubble just a bit....my buddy couldn't believe his ears, and he's much more familiar with the album than I. And to think it's 50+ years old. The apple didn't fall too far from the tree regarding Giles.

Superb.

Back