Best. Customers. Ever.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found in our junk the very first Surround Master prototype ever! Each chip is either a quad op amp or a quad VCA. It did work well but was a brute for tollerances and a weird background low level whistling sound (never did fix that).

Attachments

• IMG_20190418_115322.jpg
    IMG_20190418_115322.jpg
    997.6 KB · Views: 103
Just found in our junk the very first Surround Master prototype ever! Each chip is either a quad op amp or a quad VCA. It did work well but was a brute for tollerances and a weird background low level whistling sound (never did fix that).
Looking into the heart of the beast, or beauty, depending on what your perspective is.
Chips, chips, chips, that's why I like to invest in semi. ETFs. Every time a new piece of gear comes out, new, more, and better chips needed. They are everywhere and are showing up in everything we use.
Hopefully I'll be seeing the beautiful benefits of said chips via the new Surround Master v2; which I hear may be nearing the final stretch.:love:

Yup I see a lot of the SSM2164 chips. I've tinkered with them myself. So much better than the original RCA 3080 or the LM13600 used in Fosgate products. Is the 2164 even made anymore? Actually I would have expected you to use the superior VCA's from THAT Corp. I guess those don't come in quad chips.

Was this unit 1000% analog or did you use the TAS3204 tucked in there somewhere?

Last edited:
One of the many reasons I like this forum is it open nature and purpose to actually positively promote surround sound. As you know we just posted an invite to members of Stereonet to preview our new electrostatic speaker- probably 4 months before it becomes a for sale item.

Anyway just got suspended for 1 day for "advertising" somehow by the tin pot dictators of that pissy forum. Result - When I am reactivated later today I intend to say byeeeeee to those knuckleheads.

Do any of you guys know of any good OPEN stereo hifi forums on the net?????????

One of the many reasons I like this forum is it open nature and purpose to actually positively promote surround sound. As you know we just posted an invite to members of Stereonet to preview our new electrostatic speaker- probably 4 months before it becomes a for sale item.

Anyway just got suspended for 1 day for "advertising" somehow by the tin pot dictators of that pissy forum. Result - When I am reactivated later today I intend to say byeeeeee to those knuckleheads.

Time to start the Involve Audio forum within your website. I be 1st member

Yes try this one which has just started up. Local aussie forum that is more supportive of the local industry ;)

https://hifiandstereo.com/index.php?/forums/
cheers

Hi Lemnoc

Looks brand new, good to have a fresh start. I will join them immediately. Hope to see you there! Many thanks

Just posted this resignation from stereonet.....bastards

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/to...rtune-nakamichi-dragon-electrostatic/page/23/

Hi All
Its been a few years since I have been in this forum. I started a new thread the other day regarding work we are doing on the successor to this speaker and invited you all for a preview several months before it might be released.

Anyway I was suspended for 24 hrs by the "moderators" for somehow advertising a product that does not exist yet and in no way did I mention sale or any promotional talk. The thread has been shut down.

I personally do not like being treated like a naughty school kid and punished without recourse. So nothing personal to the many friends I have here, this is my last post and I will resign from this crappy forum and find somewhere else that appreciates local design and innovation.

Best wishes to my friends and to hell with the moderators

Regards

Charlie ph 0438 698325
Lets see how long they take to shut this one down to

A few minutes later I was banned for life from that forum with the "moderator" replying

Adeos fucknut

Really don't like these internet cowards. Suggest anyone here also resigns from these jerks

A few minutes later I was banned for life from that forum with the "moderator" replying

Adeos fucknut

Really don't like these internet cowards. Suggest anyone here also resigns from these jerks
It's their loss really, not yours in the long run. The tech knowledge & good humor you bring to this forum is golden.

Back