Big Big Train Live Blu-Ray coming in November!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beistovin

I asked Greg Spawton from Big Big Train if the live Blu-ray was still coming! His answer “November “! Short and sweet! Then I asked if it was coming in 5.1! Again short and sweet “yes”! I know things sometimes get released In a different time frame than originally announced. I assume it is tough being a completely self managed band! I think they do a great job!

https://burningshed.com/big-big-train_reflectors-of-light_bluray?page=1
So glad this Blu-Ray is finally getting a release!
We first tested this Blu-Ray last November (2018) and it's been a long, quiet wait for this Blu-Ray to finally get a release.
You all are going to love it!
It's a nice, discrete 5.1 mix that still manages to capture the energy and ambience of the live performance.
Very much recommended!

:)

https://burningshed.com/big-big-train_reflectors-of-light_bluray?page=1
So glad this Blu-Ray is finally getting a release!
We first tested this Blu-Ray last November (2018) and it's been a long, quiet wait for this Blu-Ray to finally get a release.
You all are going to love it!
It's a nice, discrete 5.1 mix that still manages to capture the energy and ambience of the live performance.
Very much recommended!

:)
Can't wait for this release as I missed their Stone & Steel Bluray which is OOP. I've heard the surround mix for Stone & Steel and it's fantastic. Here's hoping that BBT maintain that same standard on Reflectors Of Light!

Just read from the Band that this going to be a limited release of only 3,000 units & very unlikely to be reprinted so get it quick before you have to pay Stone & Steel prices.

I was at the Big Big Train gig at the London Hackney Empire last Saturday and the gig was filmed, so hopefully they'll be a bluray release of this latest tour too eventually.

I was at the Big Big Train gig at the London Hackney Empire last Saturday and the gig was filmed, so hopefully they'll be a bluray release of this latest tour too eventually.

And what an excellent gig it was too!

And to prove I was there I've attached the Hackney photo from the band's website and pointed to myself!!

Attachments

• 75446593_2592648787467442_8512563981682999296_o.jpg
    75446593_2592648787467442_8512563981682999296_o.jpg
    842.7 KB · Views: 180
I asked Greg Spawton from Big Big Train if the live Blu-ray was still coming! His answer “November “! Short and sweet! Then I asked if it was coming in 5.1! Again short and sweet “yes”! I know things sometimes get released In a different time frame than originally announced. I assume it is tough being a completely self managed band! I think they do a great job!

Next time you get him on the line, please ask if they will reissue Big Big Train Stone & Steel. Considering it is unavailable from all outlets, I should think they could sell a few if they repressed. Any QQers have a spare?

Stone and Steel is one of the finest-sounding audio recordings I own. There is just so much detail present from every instrument; it's so incredibly life-like. And impeccable surround experience. I'm really glad I snagged a copy before they went OOP. They really should do a reprint because it looks like Stone and Steel has hit the bootleg market on Ebay.

I'm sure the controlled studio (but otherwise recorded live) conditions of Stone and Steel will give it a huge advantage over the new blu-ray in the sound department, but regardless, I'd expect the same attention to detail. I'm sure this will be an amazing release and it's an instant buy from me!

Now if we can just get their albums in 5.1 like they've been hinting at over the past few years...

Back