Bitches Brew Quadraphonic SACD from Sony Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If so, then the DSD transfer and much of the work was already done and it sat there waiting to get released.

Great news, and good discovery.

Or more likely it was announced and then never transferred to DSD back in the day.
In any case, this release will be from a newly done transfer at Sony Music Studios in Tokyo.

well, since the BBrew Quad mix was totally earth shatering, i'd guess no 5.1 new mix would have been made.. if it had, it would have been a wase of plastic... the Quad mix RUUULESS!!
See now this is what might just get a 10 spotlight rating from me. Material that is still earth shattering or shaking five decades later, and a mind blowing mix too.

So Doobies is still on tap for this year, Miles coming too. D/V showing no signs of letting up any time soon.

Quadraphonic Sound is alive and well in spite of the odds at this late point in time.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear that. I would not be willing to support another "Kind of Blue" type of mix.

Mike, doubtful that would happen as Kind of Blue was recorded three channel only and they synthesized the rears*. The QUAD mix of Bitches Brew is pretty much the real deal if the COLLECTION AF SACD QUAD sampler is any indication: WILD!

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kind_of_Blue

Wow you folks(across the pond)get abused with all the "add ons"...

DITTO, that. Sort of makes this hobby UBER expensive with all those added fees. But at least, as a major consolation, D~V is a UK based company. OTOH, when I order from AmazonUK, VAT is removed and I get some exceptional deals.

It all depends on the distribution...if it's limited...it might be...it would be wise to make an order at cdjapan and then wait and see how this unfolds..

Deep Discount and Import CD usually chime in at a later date as they're had all the Jeff Beck 7" packaged SACDs, the Santana Lotus SACDs, etc.

BTW, CDJapan doesn't list this as a LIMITED EDITION either as they've done with previous SACD reissues unless it was an omission on their part.

Me too :SB

Edit: Comes in at £54.27 then it'll be £12.50 added or so for the tax gathering fee, and around the same added for Import Duty - this hobby does come with a cost :ROFLMAO:

Hey Duncan,

I haven't used CDJapan, but if those numbers are accurate, then it seems Amazon is over £12 cheaper. Right now, everything is done in Japanese Yen (possibly because it's not due till August), but I get this when shipping to a UK address:

Order Summary
Items: ¥ 5,500
Shipping & Handling: ¥ 1,050
Import Fees Deposit ¥ 1,310
Order Total: ¥ 7,860

Which according to Google, is currently £37.85 + £7.22 + £9.01 = £54.08

However, I'm not sure if Amazon is 100% accurate, as I've never taken delivery from them in the UK, and I don't know if you get hit with more fees on the UK end.

Hey Duncan,

I haven't used CDJapan, but if those numbers are accurate, then it seems Amazon is over £12 cheaper. Right now, everything is done in Japanese Yen (possibly because it's not due till August), but I get this when shipping to a UK address:

Order Summary
Items: ¥ 5,500
Shipping & Handling: ¥ 1,050
Import Fees Deposit ¥ 1,310
Order Total: ¥ 7,860

Which according to Google, is currently £37.85 + £7.22 + £9.01 = £54.08

However, I'm not sure if Amazon is 100% accurate, as I've never taken delivery from them in the UK, and I don't know if you get hit with more fees on the UK end.

I'd never thought of amazon.co.jp! If they add an import fees deposit (as amazon.com does), it would be cheaper as no tax handling fee is added by the courier.

Last edited:
Back