Blackfield V out in November

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert van Diggele

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Blackfield, Aviv Geffen with contributions from Steven Wilson and Alan Parsons, are about to release their fifth album, called V.

Album will be released in November this year. No news on a surround release yet, but given that IV was in surround, we might have a change for V to be released in surround as well. more details will be revealed soon.

image.jpeg

I'm looking forward to it too - especially if there's a 5.1 mix option.

Just a reminder - Steven is no longer a full member of BF - as with the last album he is a contributor, this time Alan Parsons is also involved.

Yes, really looking forward to this album, with or without surround. All the four albums are great with loads of nice pop songs.

and don't forget the live album on Dvd,"Blackfield live in NYC' as it has a fantastic 5.1 mix by SW. This is the closest we get to hearing the great songs from first 2 albums mixed in 5.1.
This is in my top 2 most listened to live albums as great songs and fantastic mix.
If fans of this band don't have this, what are you waiting for.

and don't forget the live album on Dvd,"Blackfield live in NYC' as it has a fantastic 5.1 mix by SW. This is the closest we get to hearing the great songs from first 2 albums mixed in 5.1.
This is in my top 2 most listened to live albums as great songs and fantastic mix.
If fans of this band don't have this, what are you waiting for.

Unfortunately, one can only buy a used copy via Amazon currently for US $39 give or take...what a rip-off. Unless it's available elsewhere for cheaper and new??

Yes. All of the Blackfield Live in NYC DVDs are the same.
The only difference is that the earliest editions sold were single DVD releases, while the latest configurations are CD/DVD combos, but the DVDs themselves are all the same.

:)

Not to derail the thread, but here's a perfect example of why I personally like the inclusion of the CDs with the DVDs (or at least a download code)...

My girlfriend at the time (who is now my wife), absolutely LOVED this live performance, and preferred a lot of the versions here to the studio versions (as did I) - especially the song "someday", which the studio version did little for me, but the live version is phenomenal (and I can't really put my finger on what the difference is...). Anyway, she wanted to be able to listen to it in the car, so it consisted of me ripping the audio to my computer through soundforge and then breaking up the individual tracks and burning it to a disc. Not a difficult process, but a considerable amount of effort...

When they re-released it, I repurchased this specifically for her to have a proper CD version, although I strictly listen to the 5.1 DTS mix.

I'm currently in a similar situation with Big Big Train's Stone and Steel. My wife would absolutely LOVE the music, but she rarely sits in on my 5.1 listening sessions, so I do wish there was a cd or download code.

An interesting development on SW's Facebook page:

Blackfield V will be released on 18th November by Kscope, and sees a return to the full partnership that made the first two albums such firm favourites with fans. Written and recorded over a period of 18 months in both Israel and England, Blackfield V contains 13 linked songs that form a flowing 45 minute ocean themed song cycle. With Steven Wilson and Aviv Geffen expertly handling vocals, guitars, and keyboards, Tomer Z from the Blackfield band on drums, and string arrangements performed by the London Session Orchestra, the album is a powerful journey through catchy melodies, lush arrangements, and stunning production. Legendary producer / engineer Alan Parsons produced three of the album’s key tracks.
Both musicians consider Blackfield V to be their best collaboration to date. The album will be released by Kscope as a Digipack CD with a 16 page booklet, CD/Blu Ray with high resolution audio, and double vinyl.

The CD/Blu-Ray part is very intriguing because that seems to indicate surround sound, but I must say that I am more excited about the first part which says that this album "sees a return to the full partnership that made the first two albums such firm favourites with fans."

:)

Back