Bloomfield Kooper Stills Super Session QUADRAPHONIC Mini Lp replica CD SONY Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing...what system would it take to decode this disc in quad sound?

Amazing...what system would it take to decode this disc in quad sound?

I ripped the CD, upsampled to 24/96 and ran it through the Adobe Audition Lucanu SQ script.
Sounds great.
I am going to re-record it next, from the analogue out of my PreAmp where the CD player is connected & re-digitize at 24/96 to see if it gets better.

Anyone else think 80 clams for a stereo only SACD is ridiculous!

What's this all about, have they been looking at the Amazon/Ebay OOP sales?

It's under $48 on hmv.co.jp .... plus shipping costs.

What is dumb though are those Esoteric classical SACDs which are about $50-$60 each and are made from LPCM sources.

Attachments

• hmv_order.jpg
    hmv_order.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 315
Just discovered this thread. Although I have the SQ LP,Q8 and remastered CD (autographed By Kooper), I NEED this. I had heard about this, but expected it was as bogus as the import Mancini CD's with the Quadradisc logo. Try popping CD-4 on a CD. lol!!

I bought the Who's Next SHM-SACD mentioned earlier in this thread. Compared to the German CD from '82, it sounds like crap. And for $60! Caveat Emptor!

You never know what you'll find in the bowels of QQ!

It's a little strange that an industry that has trouble selling CDs would release an album with the same track listing but one is SQ and the other stereo. My normal scepticism of these clowns would lead me to thinking that they may be the same thing? Anyway, I may try to track down a stereo copy and see what happens. A 'friend' of mine who sells on eBay has an SQ copy for $53 but I think that is a little more than I'd like to pay. That is until I'm certain I can't get it anywhere else!

I bought this one as soon as I heard about it, as SuperSession has long been a personal favourite since oh, the late 70's when my stepfather introduced me to it.
It decodes through the Audition scripts beautifully and I recommend it to anyone - even if you already have the Q4 and Q8 or SQ vinyl.

Back