Bluray Players w/Multi-channel audio DLNA similar to/better than Oppo 103, best iOS DLNA app

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are probably going to want either Foobar or Jriver as well for all those SACDs. I personally use a mini keyboard. I also have direct access to foobar from a phone app.
Thanks. I’m familiar with foobar, but not JRiver. All my SACDs are ripped to .dsf, and if need be I can convert them to FLAC.

:unsure: That mini-pc is quite reasonable. I may have to order one too. Are there any that do 4K yet? Also, is this mini-pc only available used and is it the best bang for the buck? I can use the HDMI output on my OLED display, as needed.
Others can speak to the HW better than me. I did a check on Windows pricing, and that alone was around $110 for 10 pro. That’s what pushed me over the edge.

The new AMLogic S922X SOC based media players are almost ready to go. They’ll do 4K HDR and run Kodi on Linux (free not + $110 for Windows). They start at $100. Currently there’s a fix required to get MCH FLAC running but they do support Atmos/TrueHD and DTS-HDMA etc via HDMI Passthrough now.

:unsure: That mini-pc is quite reasonable. I may have to order one too. Are there any that do 4K yet? Also, is this mini-pc only available used and is it the best bang for the buck? I can use the HDMI output on my OLED display, as needed.
Im sure there are units that do 4k out there, but not for that kind of price. In my case I have no need for 4K at this time. It doesn't even come into play when used as a music server.

My guess is those silver PCs were leased units that were returned and refurbished. It never bothered me to buy refurb considering there are no moving parts inside. This is as close to a new one that I found

Others can speak to the HW better than me. I did a check on Windows pricing, and that alone was around $110 for 10 pro. That’s what pushed me over the edge.
@Perpendicular : If I were you, I would hold off for a while. There are no devices yet that support 4K fully . By this I mean 4k with Dolby Vision. Sure there are boxes, PCs that support 4k HDR, but not Dolby Vision or HDR10+. There are some Lenovo laptops out that purportedly support Vision, but they are very pricey and not support it over HDMI out.

The new AMLogic S922X SOC based media players are almost ready to go. They’ll do 4K HDR and run Kodi on Linux (free not + $110 for Windows). They start at $100. Currently there’s a fix required to get MCH FLAC running but they do support Atmos/TrueHD and DTS-HDMA etc via HDMI Passthrough now.
Are these running Android based OS's ? If so, they might have the same 44.1/48k 16bit based issues.

I couldn't find anything that provided a better value and I did search. There was nothing that appeared used about it when I got mine. I use mine to drive my LG OLED via my receiver.

While you're waiting for your new mini PC take a look at the first post here. You can check you have your music organised ready for Kodi:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...older-organisation-storage.22380/#post-303868

Media organization and tagging is one area where I need significant work. Do you know of perhaps a program which can go through an entire directory tree, scan through the files and fix tags that it can and query the user on the remaining that it cannot resolve ? Sure I am asking for some magic in there as well :). I would happily pay for such a program.

Do you know of perhaps a program which can go through an entire directory tree, scan through the files and fix tags that it can and query the user on the remaining that it cannot resolve ?

Tagscanner (free) can load all music files recursively from a selected root folder. It’s pretty easy to scroll through looking for missing or inconsistent tagging.

Tagscanner, mp3tag and Foobar all have online lookups for semi-automated tagging. Semi automated means you have to select the specific album release from a list, once done all song files are tagged.

@Perpendicular : If I were you, I would hold off for a while. There are no devices yet that support 4K fully . By this I mean 4k with Dolby Vision. Sure there are boxes, PCs that support 4k HDR, but not Dolby Vision or HDR10+. There are some Lenovo laptops out that purportedly support Vision, but they are very pricey and not support it over HDMI out.
I don’t know what the eff I was thinking. I don’t need 4K cause I don’t have any movies on a HD. I’m all disc or iTunes streaming.

Don't worry. Soon enough you will be. ;). Especially once you discover how fragile those 4k discs can be, although with digital codes one can stream them to their hearts content.
I highly doubt it. The only discs I purchase and watch now are Blu-ray 3D or Disney (because they don’t yet stream at 4K). Plus, the only time I purchase a physical 4K disk is when it ends up being cheaper than the iTunes version.

the only time I purchase a physical 4K disk is when it ends up being cheaper than the iTunes version

Streaming services only provide lossy Dolby Digital Plus audio. When it comes to classic/block busters I need to hear lossless audio, especially Music related movies like Bohemian Rhapsody and the upcoming Rocketman. Not to mention Apocalypse Now.

Also, as good as streaming video can look, on a 75” TV I also want the best possible PQ.

I think it’s a disease (or maybe a phobia). Whatever it is, I’ve got it bad.

Streaming services only provide lossy Dolby Digital Plus audio. When it comes to classic/block busters I need to hear lossless audio, especially Music related movies like Bohemian Rhapsody and the upcoming Rocketman. Not to mention Apocalypse Now.

Also, as good as streaming video can look, on a 75” TV I also want the best possible PQ.

I think it’s a disease (or maybe a phobia). Whatever it is, I’ve got it bad.
I somewhat agree, though I was not going to bring up this can of worms. I think for me, PQ is more discernible than AQ due to significant video compression. As for AQ, I am uncertain I can tell the difference. It just depends on the source. Though this OCD disease requires us to consume in the best possible form.

I watch quite a lot of movies and series in both Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision. I know that the Dolby Atmos I’m getting via streaming is supposedly lower quality audio than what’s found on the disc but hell, if I can tell!

Tagscanner, mp3tag and Foobar all have online lookups for semi-automated tagging. Semi automated means you have to select the specific album release from a list, once done all song files are tagged.
This past weekend I gave tagscanner a try and oh boy it appears it is going to be a lot of work. My Rock/Pop directory only has about 46000+ files in it. I am finding that the tool has a propensity to crash/go defunct after tagging a number of albums. On another note, I downloaded the program "Album Art Downloader" and I am having very good luck with going through the directories and downloading covers/album art based on directory names.

Back