Bob Marley "Legend" 30th Anniversary Blu-Ray in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue.monk

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
http://www.bobmarley.com/music-news/legend-30th-anniversary/

THE LANDMARK BOB MARLEY COLLECTION LEGEND GETS SURROUND SOUND TREATMENT WITH THE RELEASE OF LEGEND 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
New 5.1 Mix Features Newly Discovered Early Studio Tracks

Originally released on May 8, 1984, Bob Marley’s Legend illustrates the remarkable life and recording career of one of reggae music’s most important figures. This iconic collection not only serves as the perfect introduction to the music of Bob Marley, it has become an essential part in every Marley collection. It remains the world’s best-selling reggae album and continues to be one of the best-selling catalog albums, exceeding 15 million RIAA®-certified copies in the U.S. alone and over 27 million worldwide.

On July 1, 2014, Universal Music Enterprises celebrates the 30th Anniversary of Legend with the release of the CD/Blu-ray Pure Audio Disc™ combo set Legend 30th Anniversary Edition (Island Records/Tuff Gong/UMe). Coupled with the original release of Legend, this deluxe version features this iconic collection entirely mixed in 5.1 by the GRAMMY® Award winning producer Bob Clearmountain on Blu-Ray Pure Audio Disc™ and now includes the original, early studio version of “No Woman No Cry,” in lieu of the previous live version. Also featured are two, previously unheard alternate takes of “Easy Skanking” and “Punky Reggae Party” recently discovered in the Marley vault. Classic Marley anthems include “Three Little Birds,” “Get Up Stand Up,” “One Love/People Get Ready,” “No Woman No Cry” and “I Shot The Sheriff,” which was later a No. 1 hit for Eric Clapton, as well as “Jamming,” “Exodus,” “Redemption Song” and “Is This Love.”

Both the CD and Blu-Ray Pure Audio Disc™ are housed in a 28-page, casebound book featuring extended liner notes, unseen photos and forewards written by Sir Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, and liner notes by author of the book Marley, Christopher Farley. Legend 30th Anniversary Edition will also be made available on tri-color vinyl (yellow, green and red) and pressed as a double gatefold LP allowing for a higher fidelity sound quality that is closer to the original source.

Should be good with a Bob Clearmountain mix... (y)

Interesting that they're going to re-release this as it has a HFPA release already!!!

Hopefully its not a LOUD as the existing HFPA!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K6D20UE/

$36 currently, but I would go ahead and pre-order it now. If you do, the price will only go down. :)

912BaG3fBfL._SL1500_.jpg
81JV+JhHVnL._SL1500_.jpg

I am holding my breath as to whether they have masters that are on par with the quality that we have become used to - for example King Crimson and Yes. Are UMe and Bob Clearmountain really going to be able to produce something that even comes close to those. Reggae recordings that I have heard are poorly done.

DAMMIT!! I was working on this VERY project. I've come across multitracks (though I think they're from Guitar Hero or Rock Band) and I have all tracks except for Buffalo Soldier and Could you be loved. Everything else was coming along nicely.

Oh well. Hopefully, they go with some nice, aggressive mixes on this like I was planning to do.

wavelength: While I'm no professional, I have laid my hands on some digital copies of some Bob Marley tracks, and I can safely say that his later stuff (say, 1975 onward) is some high quality work. The man knew what he wanted in the studio and surrounded himself with those capable of satisfying his needs.

However, I will add the one caveat that this project (the 5.1 mix) absolutely calls for somebody familiar with BM's work. The 24-tracks I got to play with have additional instrumentation, percussion, and multiple vocal tracks that will need to be scrutinized in order to present us with the "proper" tracks.

Blu-ray Pure Audio Disc Track Listing:

1. IS THIS LOVE
2. NO WOMAN NO CRY (studio version)
3. COULD YOU BE LOVED
4. THREE LITTLE BIRDS
5. BUFFALO SOLDIER
6. GET UP STAND UP
7. STIR IT UP
8. EASY SKANKING (alternate version/bonus track)
9. ONE LOVE / PEOPLE GET READY
10. I SHOT THE SHERIFF
11. WAITING IN VAIN
12. REDEMPTION SONG
13. SATISFY MY SOUL
14. EXODUS
15. JAMMING
16. PUNKY REGGAE PARTY (alternate version/bonus track)

Bugger I just bought the stereo HFPA version, unopened I guess it could pass as a gift to one of my mates, am looking forward to it as there are times when Bob Marley is the only one who scratches the musical itch of the day

At first I got really excited by this and then I remembered how compressed the HFPA BDA release was. I think I'm going to wait and see the reviews before buying:

Here is Dynamic Range info, including HFPA BD: http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Bob+Marley&album=Legend

I just pre ordered the Marley. I have the blu-ray already, but to hear it in surround-awesome. I have a friend i'll give the " old" one too.

even with compression, the blu ray sounds sooo much better then the original cd.

lets guess-what will be the next blu-ray released?

I say the stones - some girls or beggars banquet.
The who- in tome for XMAS- who's next or live at leeds.

ANYBODY - HEARD ABOUT WHEN THE SONY BLU-RAYS ARE COMING OUT?
and the Warner Brothers ones?

At first I got really excited by this and then I remembered how compressed the HFPA BDA release was. I think I'm going to wait and see the reviews before buying:

Here is Dynamic Range info, including HFPA BD: http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Bob+Marley&album=Legend

And a hi res download from Qobuz has a DR value of 14. Unbelievable how many masters are floating around.

Will Universal offer a trade in program for those who bought the HFPA last year? :) probably not.

Still a good sign that more 5.1 will be released!

The interesting thing is, this is a Universal release from the U.S.A., hence the book packaging and combo with CD and not a standalone HFPA Blu-ray release, which we may see if Universal Europe release this in time.. but I'm not convinced, so have now pre-ordered from Amazon.com :)

Snood oooooooooooooooordered :banana: Must grow dreds before July now :rolleyes:

Good job blue.monk!

Ordered this as soon as I saw the link. THANKS!

You guys are awesome!

Back