Bowie - Ziggy 40th Anniversary, lots of 5.1.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/171460/9

'The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars' track-listing is as follows:

CD Album
1. Five Years (2012 - Remaster)
2. Soul Love (2012 - Remaster)
3. Moonage Daydream (2012 - Remaster)
4. Starman (2012 - Remaster)
5. It Ain't Easy (2012 - Remaster)
6. Lady Stardust (2012 - Remaster)
7. Star (2012 - Remaster)
8. Hang On to Yourself (2012 - Remaster)
9. Ziggy Stardust (2012 - Remaster)
10. Suffragette City (2012 - Remaster)
11. Rock 'N' Roll Suicide (2012 - Remaster)

180gram Vinyl with DVD featuring a new 2012 stereo remaster and 2003 5.1 and stereo mixes (audio only)
LP 180G heavyweight vinyl

Side 1
Side 2
1. Lady Stardust (2012 - Remaster)
2. Star (2012 - Remaster)
3. Hang On to Yourself (2012 - Remaster)
4. Ziggy Stardust (2012 - Remaster)
5. Suffragette City (2012 - Remaster)
6. Rock 'N' Roll Suicide (2012 - Remaster)

DVD Audio only
Side 1

6. Lady Stardust (2012 - Remaster)
7. Star (2012 - Remaster)
8. Hang On to Yourself (2012 - Remaster)
9. Ziggy Stardust (2012 - Remaster)
10. Suffragette City (2012 - Remaster)
11. Rock 'N' Roll Suicide (2012 - Remaster)
12. Five Years (5.1 mixes: DTS 48/24 & Dolby Digital/Stereo mixes: 48/24 LPCM stereo)
13. Soul Love (5.1 mixes: DTS 48/24 & Dolby Digital/Stereo mixes: 48/24 LPCM stereo)
14. Moonage Daydream (5.1 mixes: DTS 48/24 & Dolby Digital/Stereo mixes: 48/24 LPCM stereo)
15. Starman (5.1 mixes: DTS 48/24 & Dolby Digital/Stereo mixes: 48/24 LPCM stereo)
16. It Ain't Easy (5.1 mixes: DTS 48/24 & Dolby Digital/Stereo mixes: 48/24 LPCM stereo)
17. Lady Stardust (5.1 mixes: DTS 48/24 & Dolby Digital/Stereo mixes: 48/24 LPCM stereo)
18. Star (5.1 mixes: DTS 48/24 & Dolby Digital/Stereo mixes: 48/24 LPCM stereo)
19. Hang On To Yourself (5.1 mixes: DTS 48/24 & Dolby Digital/Stereo mixes: 48/24 LPCM stereo)
20. Ziggy Stardust (5.1 mixes: DTS 48/24 & Dolby Digital/Stereo mixes: 48/24 LPCM stereo)
21. Suffragette City (5.1 mixes: DTS 48/24 & Dolby Digital/Stereo mixes: 48/24 LPCM stereo)
22. Rock 'N' Roll Suicide (5.1 mixes: DTS 48/24 & Dolby Digital/Stereo mixes: 48/24 LPCM stereo)
23. Moonage Daydream (Instrumental) PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MIXES (5.1 mixes: DTS 48/24 & Dolby Digital/Stereo mixes: 48/24 LPCM stereo)
24. The Supermen PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MIXES (5.1 mixes: DTS 48/24 & Dolby Digital/Stereo mixes: 48/24 LPCM stereo)
25. Velvet Goldmine PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MIXES (5.1 mixes: DTS 48/24 & Dolby Digital/Stereo mixes: 48/24 LPCM stereo)
26. Sweet Head PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MIXES (5.1 mixes: DTS 48/24 & Dolby Digital/Stereo mixes: 48/24 LPCM stereo)

More mis-sold DVD Audio, so off to have a word with a few people about how they can call DTS Core Audio high resolution!!
It's cheap too - CD, DVD & Vinyl only £15 at Amazon.

At least they try with: DVD .... audio only (spacing by me :))
Should we expect the same mix as the previous 5.1 version? In that case don't bother.

More mis-sold DVD Audio, so off to have a word with a few people about how they can call DTS Core Audio high resolution!!

past sunday friend of mine were visited me, so we had beer, talked and listened to music.
then decided to compare DTS HD MA vs. DTS 96/24. "Grace For Drowning" went into BD
and "Heritage" accordingly into OPPO DVD-A. both players hooked with HDMI and receiver
with usual setting - direct with no processing/EQ involved. difference of sound fidelity wasn't
just big but HUGE.
i swear, that's was last disc with DTS i'd purchased.
seems those folks in studios are dead deaf, if they cannot distinguish such obvious difference
in the sound quality.
but most sad part is that so many people even here, who supposed to be well advanced and
experienced listeners, believes that DTS is absolutely acceptable as a stream of high quality
sound for pleasant listening and doing nothing to influence the labels, which supply such crap.

but most sad part is that so many people even here, who supposed to be well advanced and
experienced listeners, believes that DTS is absolutely acceptable as a stream of high quality
sound for pleasant listening and doing nothing to influence the labels, which supply such crap.
Strong words but I like what you are saying. We don't want lossy...that's just the way we are.

why the fuck is the DVD with the Vionyl and not the CD ? anyone want some vinyl?
It is a strange decision to combine vinyl with a dvd. Also because EMI have released some excelent cd/dvd combo's like the Gentle Giant and ELO re issues. Same for the 2 Talk Talk re issues, vinyl with a dvd, instead of a cd/dvd and a stand alone vinyl release.

It is a strange decision to combine vinyl with a dvd. Also because EMI have released some excelent cd/dvd combo's like the Gentle Giant and ELO re issues. Same for the 2 Talk Talk re issues, vinyl with a dvd, instead of a cd/dvd and a stand alone vinyl release.

I've got the Talk Talk vinyl on order from the UK. Just to get the digital disks. Sort of like with Jethro Tull. Some people (not me) think vinyl is high resolution, so maybe that's why they do it.

Strong words but I like what you are saying. We don't want lossy...that's just the way we are.

"We" = Not actually speaking for everyone. I want mixes that actually sound like a professional did them and not something I can do better at home. I could give a shit if the mix is DTS or DTS-MA. I just want it to be a good mix.

The Ziggy mix is a terrible mix, and there's no bit rate you could produce it in to make it better.

I am so tired of the same two/three people trying to school me on what sounds good and what doesn't. Actually, WE do know how you feel. You all never stop talking about it.

"We" = Not actually speaking for everyone. I want mixes that actually sound like a professional did them and not something I can do better at home. I could give a shit if the mix is DTS or DTS-MA. I just want it to be a good mix.

The Ziggy mix is a terrible mix, and there's no bit rate you could produce it in to make it better.

I am so tired of the same two/three people trying to school me on what sounds good and what doesn't. Actually, WE do know how you feel. You all never stop talking about it.
It's a forum. It's opinions. No need to be rude.

I can tell the difference between lossy and lossless - but more importantly, I can tell the difference between a bad mix and a good mix. It's the content that matters not the codec. If you can't enjoy music because the spectral analysis says you shouldn't, then you are very unlucky indeed.

you remind me hardcore stereo fans, who not only won't listen to surround but on top of this
would like to prohibit surround to everyone else.
please look at this simplier, like me. i have no issues with stereo, DTS, mp3 or whatever else
are placed on the disc as long, as there also sound format i would like to have. DVD medium
can contains all those, so if you have no means to explore lossless or you pretty happy with
lossy streams - please, just ignore the lossless and leave it to me.
thank you in advance :)

It's a forum. It's opinions. No need to be rude.

I'm not being rude at all. It's not an opinion, though, when you utilize the generalizing "we" to refer to a larger group that does not necessarily agree with you. It's your opinion. I'm sure others share it. Not everyone does, though.

Now, if the "we" referred to yourself and Otto, then I certainly misspoke.

I'm not being rude at all. It's not an opinion, though, when you utilize the generalizing "we" to refer to a larger group that does not necessarily agree with you. It's your opinion. I'm sure others share it. Not everyone does, though.

Now, if the "we" referred to yourself and Otto, then I certainly misspoke.
It was Otto and myself that I had in mind. And now that curling season is over I'm really bored at nights so you're going to see a lot more posts about how great lossless is. Just kidding!!

Back