Bread and Grover Washington Multichannel SACDs - Official Audio Fidelity Announcement

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadwreck

Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Apparently Steve Hoffman is working on this title with "assembled tapes". No word on volume 2.

I would bet quad....and I had a suspicion that "Best Of..." packages would be good bets from AF's perspective. I'll willingly buy, good sound on the original recordings to begin with and well written tunes. We'll help keep David Gates rounding up those little' doggies on his Montana ranch. John

The quad reel of the Best of Bread is absolutely gorgeous...I wasn't expecting to like it, but was blown away when I heard it.

I'd love for the quad mix to be (re)issued by AF...

Yikes! Here we go with the crap releases. Henry Mancini can't be too far behind. We can thank the SH forum for these choices.

SH changed his mind?
as far as i remember he is very strong denyer of surround

On all AF multichannel/stereo SACDs, Steve Hoffman does the stereo content, Kevin Gray does the quad/5.1. Expect more titles from the Warner vaults. The decision to do 5.1/quad was made by Marshall Blonstein, the owner of Audio Fidelity.

On all AF multichannel/stereo SACDs, Steve Hoffman does the stereo content, Kevin Gray does the quad/5.1. Expect more titles from the Warner vaults. The decision to do 5.1/quad was made by Marshall Blonstein, the owner of Audio Fidelity.

I've only got one of the AF multi channels so far, and the 5.1 was mastered by Bob Ludwig.

Yikes! Here we go with the crap releases. Henry Mancini can't be too far behind. We can thank the SH forum for these choices.

What would you like to see instead?

AF are seemingly open to suggestions and their decision makers also visit QQ to check out what we would like to see released, so don't hold back :)

AF are seemingly open to suggestions and their decision makers also visit QQ to check out what we would like to see released, so don't hold back :)

Something for everybody. No harm in that. They should release as many Quad recordings they can locate and more 5.1 mixes. :)

Keep em' coming!!!:banana:

I've only got one of the AF multi channels so far, and the 5.1 was mastered by Bob Ludwig.

actually mastering and mixing quite different stuff.
BL is famous as mastering engineer but i'm not sure did he mixed anything

bingo! discussed at QQ mostly the titles, not far from what had been selected at AF.
gosh, sometimes one can get sick from endless talk about Beach Boys and such :mad:@:

I think you've misunderstood my post. :)

The person I quoted said that Kevin Gray was mastering the surround material for AF, but I said that the SACD I have (Child Is Father...) was mastered by Bob Ludwig for the surround stuff.

Well it's No Steely Dan Aja or Pink FLoyd Animals

It is Mellow, but for top 40 70's stuff it is really really good - some great pop songs on there

Snood is in :banana:

Back