Can the New SONY UBP-X800M2 BLU RAY Player now Play Home Burned DVD-AUDIO Discs?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loads of Oxford Dickie's quad decodes are on DVD-Audio with 44.1KHz sampling, because they were decoded from CDs so this avoids a sample rate conversion. Admittedly that isn't commercial authoring.
I don't believe that sample rate conversion has any sonic penalty at all.

I don't believe that sample rate conversion has any sonic penalty at all.
Neither do I, and nor does Oxford Dickie last time I discussed it with him. But equally if you are decoding a CD, there's no point needlessly increasing the sample rate as all it will do is make the iso file bigger.

Sure, but I assumed we were speaking of Commercial DVDA's. I've authored DVDA's at various sample rates myself.
Of my commercial DVD-As most of them are indeed at 24/96. There are one or two I can't remember, it's been a while since I played them.

Of my commercial DVD-As most of them are indeed at 24/96. There are one or two I can't remember, it's been a while since I played them.
Same here, Owen. I think the Toy Matinee is actually the only commercial DVDA I've seen at 44.1, though that may be because I just forgot. I keep this disc (.iso) in rotation so even my old brain picks up on the 44.1 displayed in Foobar.

Same here, Owen. I think the Toy Matinee is actually the only commercial DVDA I've seen at 44.1, though that may be because I just forgot. I keep this disc (.iso) in rotation so even my old brain picks up on the 44.1 displayed in Foobar.
Thought I had more, but I think the only one I have is

Flaming Lips - At War with the Mystics

Back