Quad LP/Tape Poll Carlos, Walter: Switched-On Bach [SQ/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Switched-on Bach"

• Total voters
"Dead naming" is only a thing for some trans people. I know two trans people who are perfectly happy to be referred to by either their male or female names, they couldn't care less. They only gave themselves new gender names because it's really awkward travelling in foreign countries with a name in your passport that doesn't match your apparent gender.

"Dead naming" is only a thing for some trans people. I know two trans people who are perfectly happy to be referred to by either their male or female names, they couldn't care less. They only gave themselves new gender names because it's really awkward travelling in foreign countries with a name in your passport that doesn't match your apparent gender.
Got it. In any case, I said that I am not an expert on this topic, and can only relate what I hear from my kids. I'm keeping my yap shut going forward.

If we respect each other as human beings we wouldn't need to worry about how to classify each other.

However I will throw my hat in the ring by proposing that Wendy be included in parentheses after Walter since it originally was released under Walter.

Does anyone know if the surround version of this is still available?

Or was it only an obscure original LP/Q8 pressing?

Thx

Not a CBS SQ LP I ever thought of as being particularly obscure or rare – I have two or three copies somewhere (including one still sealed I think). It was initially clever and amusing but I found the novelty soon wore off, two sides were more than enough! So it’s not something I’ve ever thought worth repeated listening, certainly from a musical perspective. Frankly whenever I hear it now I find it rather irritating.

I listen to the CD a lot, mostly out of convenience vs the LP. It's also one of my favourite " just-got-out-of-bed-sunday-morning-and-making-coffee" albums to play, music drifting through the house while I shuffle around half asleep.

Can't imagine how much work it was to record: every sound needing to be patched up on the modular & multitracked, with no patch memory like modern synths.

If anyone knows how to, i believe it would be good to change the title to her proper name. Though unintentional I'm sure, i feel the current title is disrespectful.

On that subject, I always refer to her as Wendy. He made the decision to do “the change” at a time when it came with very real consequences to ones career. And really, back then if you did go through all of that you must had ‘really’ felt it necessary to go through with. And without getting too political, I think that a lot of people who are calling themselves trans nowadays are either just hopping on a current trend or making decisions that they might regret later. I could be wrong about this, but I don’t think that I am.

Back