CD-4 Advert from DaysGoneBy (The big one)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Some of you might remember this one. Here it is in a large format for those that do and don't.
Right click and save it, or just view it in your browser. IF viewing, don't forget to zoom in.

CD-4 Album Brochure

So now, who's going to find the few titles on the list that never made it?

So now, who's going to find the few titles on the list that never made it?

Two that stood out to me are Billy Cobham’s Spectrum and Black Oak Arkansas’ Street Party.

Also, Modern Jazz Quartet’s Blues Are Back (unless it’s a typo and they meant Blues On Bach).

Interesting they would list all those JVC Japan titles on a US ad. Perhaps they were meant to hit US stores eventually?

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Nice sharp image!

By coincidence, just yesterday I picked up two RCA CD-4 Quadra-Disc titles, both listed on that sheet.

ARD1-0566 Verdi: I Vespri Siciliani
(New Philharmonia Orchestra- J.Levine conducting)

APD1-0276 The Friends of Distinction: Greatest Hits

These are both in mint condition, although they are not factory sealed copies.

Unrelated to this thread, but also picked up from the same seller:
PR401 CD-4 Project 3 Test Record
Enoch Light & Jeff Hest
(from Popular Science) (CD-4)

PQ 11796
The Living World of SQ Quadraphonic Sound
& Don Ellis Tears of Joy GQ (SQ)

GQ 30927 Don Ellis: Tears of Joy (SQ)

A&M QU-53041 Quincy Jones
You’ve Got It Bad Girl (SQ)

Thank You Jon!
Reading the CD4W JVC listing shows that what had a regular USA release (as stereo album) doesn't show as a quad release even if it was already present in Japan. Licensing issues, i suppose...

MJQ, the cat.n. is for Blues On Bach, it is just a typo - and not the only one. The CD4K 7509 didn't sound familiar... and they took it wrong.

Bill Wyman - Monkey Grip is listed twice; under Atlantic and also Rolling Stones at the end.
Allman Brothers Band - Eat A Peach is misfiled under Warner / Reprise while Live At The Fillmore is listed correctly under Capricorn.
Ah marketing. :D

Bill Wyman - Monkey Grip is listed twice; under Atlantic and also Rolling Stones at the end.
Allman Brothers Band - Eat A Peach is misfiled under Warner / Reprise while Live At The Fillmore is listed correctly under Capricorn.
Ah marketing. :D

Yup. And those Brad Miller Mystic Moods & Train Records. First they're listed under WB with their WB catalog numbers (which is where they started out, with a Mobile Fidelity shout out on the back of the LP jackets)

Then they are listed TWICE under Soundbird. Once with the Soundbird catalog number, and then again with the older WB catalog numbers.

I guess they needed something to fill out the table to make it solid. As Tim said above, "marketing"!

Back