HiRez Poll Clark, Gene - NO OTHER [Blu-Ray Audio/SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA/SACD of Gene Clark - NO OTHER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
I agree with the above post.
In the last couple of years I've stretched my limit to points I vowed not to go, but only on must have releases (Be Bop Deluxe, Ultravox, Al Stewart, Elton John). Bought the two Tangerine Dream sets because of stupidly low prices.
Unfortunately this one was so far past the monetary line I wasn't even tempted.

But I have heard it and it's a winner.
Have access to a copy that I can play in my own system, will vote then.

I got on eBay from Canada, for a price I shudder to remember. Luckily it was Christmas money. A standalone would be great.

@neil wilkes If you're in good with 4AD, a deluxe treatment of Filagree & Shadow, by This Mortal Coil would be great. It is what exposed me to Gene Clark.

That's a great price for such a hard to find item. One could get creative here. Since the box set comes with the 5.1 Mix on both SACD and Blu-Ray discs, someone could split the cost with a friend and each get the 5.1 mix on disc. Then you could resell the rest of the box like baggy does with the 5.1 discs removed.

The best thing I can suggest - and in all honesty I have no idea if it would work - would be to write to 4AD and ask for a standalone release.
It is eminently possible that the licensing deal with Warners would not allow this however.

I asked if Rhino might be able to grab this one and release the bluray on it's own, but apparently they cannot. Oh well. If it's going to be released as a stand alone, it has to come from the original label.

What hasn't been mentioned in this thread, and is often overlooked or glossed over (even where the set was sold) is that the Blu-Ray also has a stereo remix of the entire album as well.

Last edited:
Just gonna clear this up. Given my research, the 5.1 mix is only on the Blu-Ray.

What hasn't been mentioned in this thread, and is often overlooked or glossed over (even where the set was sold) is that the Blu-Ray also has a remix of the entire album as well.
The 5.1 mix is defo on the SACD (first one) and the Blu Ray...

Back