Coldplay "A Head Full of Dreams" (5.1 Surround Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you remember when Coldplay went full Avant Garde and released a Blu-ray audio with a surround mix?
Well, I got to know today that they are releasing a new record. I checked their website with the stupid hope that they will do the same and what was my surprise when I saw that apart from streaming, CD and vinyl, they're issuing a cassette! Are we crazy or what!
Man, the world is turning backwards, there are things I can't understand

Do you remember when Coldplay went full Avant Garde and released a Blu-ray audio with a surround mix?
Well, I got to know today that they are releasing a new record. I checked their website with the stupid hope that they will do the same and what was my surprise when I saw that apart from streaming, CD and vinyl, they're issuing a cassette! Are we crazy or what!
Man, the world is turning backwards, there are things I can't understand
That's too bad. I thought the surround of "Headfull" was good and was hoping they would give surround another try.

You might think I'm crazy, but I'd buy the cassette (if its not ridiculously expensive) along with a surround version. The question is, does the manufacturer have the technology at this date and time to make a cassette as good as they did in the heyday of the dolby hx pro "digilog" era for the few of us that have a hankering toward tape. Also this tape could be pretty rare at some point in time. I remember having a factory pre recorded dbx encoded Supertramp "Breakfast in America" cassette that was the bomb back in the day, but I have NEVER seen it on ebay. Ok, so lets get really crazy...how about a 7 1/2 ips reel tape. There are a lot of these decks out there and I have read they are selling like hotcakes....and.... some people are paying hundreds for new pre-recorded reel tapes at 15ips and thousands for re-manufactured reel decks to play these tapes (google techmoan)!

The question is, does the manufacturer have the technology at this date and time to make a cassette as good as they did in the heyday of the dolby hx pro "digilog" era for the few of us that have a hankering toward tape.
No. Those facilities and hardware no longer exist. The best you can get is high bias chrome without noise reduction. (Which you should know, if you watch Techmoan. [emoji6])

I wonder if Coldplay's new album Everyday Life will also be remixed into 5.1 or ATMOS. Liked what I saw on last week's Saturday Night Live. Some infectious melodies.

No. Those facilities and hardware no longer exist. The best you can get is high bias chrome without noise reduction. (Which you should know, if you watch Techmoan. [emoji6])

Yes, I was surprised, when getting cassettes manufactured for recent albums, that noise reduction was not even an option any more, just normal or high bias tape.

Back