Crickets and their Buddies!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I've never even heard of this one, but it looks great. Tried to order it, but their ordering system wouldn't take any of my cards. Don't know what that's about. Is it listed anywhere else?

KW

How is the surround mix? I am interested in getting this, but only if it has a good surround mix. THANKS

It's a very discreet, middle-of-the-band mix. Lead vocals and drums are front and centre and the other instruments are spread around the surrounds. Clapton's track has his vocals in the front centre, his guitar slightly to the left and piano in the rears. On other tracks the rears contain rhythm guitars, sax and even a cello. Overall it's a nice mix and makes you part of the music.

Very interesting!
Is the performance uninterrupted? If not, what is the extent of the interruptions?

The Quadfather

mattB2 said:
It's a very discreet, middle-of-the-band mix. Lead vocals and drums are front and centre and the other instruments are spread around the surrounds. Clapton's track has his vocals in the front centre, his guitar slightly to the left and piano in the rears. On other tracks the rears contain rhythm guitars, sax and even a cello. Overall it's a nice mix and makes you part of the music.

mattB2 said:
Thanks for the info, I think i will give it a try. :)

The Quadfather said:
Very interesting!
Is the performance uninterrupted? If not, what is the extent of the interruptions?

The Quadfather
They're studio sessions so the tracks are separate. The one thing that took me by surprise on one of the tracks is that the song starts out with rhythm guitars in the two rears and vocals in the front centre, the two front surrounds are silent at first which produces a triangular effect which I found to be a bit unusual. It does, however, follow the logic of focussing the instruments around the listener. Overall it's a fun album with a bunch of friends having a good time playing together.

Hi, thanks for all the helpful info on this DVD-A. I bought it and it is quite enjoyable. Most of the surruond mixes are very good. THANKS.

Back