Crown Records Japan - RM/QS-encoded LPs, Singles and Cassettes (the mostly complete list)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Mark Anderson I've been keeping an eye out for Vol.1 of that 'Japanese Lyrical Masterpieces Collection' since you posted the pictures of Vol.2 some time ago, and a google search recently finally yielded pictures of it:

GW-5339Q - Unknown Artist - Japanese Lyrical Masterpieces Collection 'Summer Memories / Snow-Clad Town' / 日本の抒情名曲集 '夏の思い出 / 雪の降る街を'
GW-5339Q Japanese Lyrical Masterpieces Collection - 1.jpgGW-5339Q Japanese Lyrical Masterpieces Collection - 2.jpgGW-5339Q Japanese Lyrical Masterpieces Collection - 3.jpgGW-5339Q Japanese Lyrical Masterpieces Collection - 4.jpg

I also discovered this one on eBay:

GW-5347Q - Cremona Strings Orchestra 'Eric - Latest Screen Themes Best 16' / クレモナ・ストリングス・オーケストラ 'エリックの青春 / 最新映画主題曲集'
GW-5347Q Eric - The Latest Screen Themes 16 - 1.jpgGW-5347Q Eric - The Latest Screen Themes 16 - 2.jpg

I also noticed that the Sansui QS advertisement on page 35 of the 3/30/74 issue of Billboard mentions two titles that were either never released (most likely, I think) or so scarce that no one's ever seen them: GW-7031Q (I think they got the titles mixed up between 7030Q and 7031Q) and GW-7050Q.
1649313308006.png

I've added all of these to the table in post #1, including the two unconfirmed/unreleased ones which I've notated in red to differentiate them. I also believe that with the addition of the last two albums that I've attached photos of above, the Crown quad discography is now complete. I think this is the case because the A & B side labels on each LP have CQL prefix-ed catalog numbers that run in sequential order (ie the first quad LP they put out had CQL-1 and CQL-2 labels, and so on) and with the new LPs I've just added (and my guesses about the CQL prefixes for the two unreleased albums) every CQL prefix from CQL-1 through CQL-84 is now accounted for without any gaps. I know this series of LPs is probably not particularly noteworthy to most people, but it's been a fun quad-detective adventure trying to find all the missing pieces over the last few years.

@Mark Anderson I've been keeping an eye out for Vol.1 of that 'Japanese Lyrical Masterpieces Collection' since you posted the pictures of Vol.2 some time ago, and a google search recently finally yielded pictures of it:

GW-5339Q - Unknown Artist - Japanese Lyrical Masterpieces Collection 'Summer Memories / Snow-Clad Town' / 日本の抒情名曲集 '夏の思い出 / 雪の降る街を'
View attachment 77647View attachment 77648View attachment 77649View attachment 77650

I also discovered this one on eBay:

GW-5347Q - Cremona Strings Orchestra 'Eric - Latest Screen Themes Best 16' / クレモナ・ストリングス・オーケストラ 'エリックの青春 / 最新映画主題曲集'
View attachment 77651View attachment 77652

I also noticed that the Sansui QS advertisement on page 35 of the 3/30/74 issue of Billboard mentions two titles that were either never released (most likely, I think) or so scarce that no one's ever seen them: GW-7031Q (I think they got the titles mixed up between 7030Q and 7031Q) and GW-7050Q.
View attachment 77653

I've added all of these to the table in post #1, including the two unconfirmed/unreleased ones which I've notated in red to differentiate them. I also believe that with the addition of the last two albums that I've attached photos of above, the Crown quad discography is now complete. I think this is the case because the A & B side labels on each LP have CQL prefix-ed catalog numbers that run in sequential order (ie the first quad LP they put out had CQL-1 and CQL-2 labels, and so on) and with the new LPs I've just added (and my guesses about the CQL prefixes for the two unreleased albums) every CQL prefix from CQL-1 through CQL-84 is now accounted for without any gaps. I know this series of LPs is probably not particularly noteworthy to most people, but it's been a fun quad-detective adventure trying to find all the missing pieces over the last few years.
Dave, have you ever done research on Quad titles from the Tam label?

Back