Deleted/Low Stock Surround Sound SACDs at Dutton Vocalion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its possible.. but what if the licence has expired? Cherry Red just did a Poco 70's boxset with these two albums included (no Quad of course, naturally) personally i wouldn't bank on some of these getting a repress.. that Hues Corporation 2-fers still out of stock on their website fwiw.

If Poco does not get a repress it would not be because licensing expired. But rather sales were cooler than what they might have been. Sony are generally keen to extend any deal that was successful.

Poco is a desirable title being a two-fer, and strong quad mixes, and the band has some name recognition.

But then again, no real hits on these albums either. It could go either way. I predict a repress on this title. It’s a “must-have” for the pop/rock collector, more so than some of the others. Just an opinion, we’ll see.

If Poco does not get a repress it would not be because licensing expired. But rather sales were cooler than what they might have been. Sony are generally keen to extend any deal that was successful.

Poco is a desirable title being a two-fer, and strong quad mixes, and the band has some name recognition.

But then again, no real hits on these albums either. It could go either way. I predict a repress on this title. It’s a “must-have” for the pop/rock collector, more so than some of the others. Just an opinion, we’ll see.

It could be due to a variety of factors. The standard licensing deals include a payment to the record labels for each SACD (or CD) pressed.
On the other hand, if the reissue label doesn't see sales of a specific album that justify a repressing, they won't order another batch.

If there is no repress, then prices will rocket as this is an amazing release

That’s why when a title is red hot and limited, grab two copies if you can afford it.

I saw Billy Cobham AF SACD back-ordered, and waited and waited, while no repress happened and no word from AF that this title was basically OOP the day it shipped to retail.

As of today, these are on the Deleted/Low Stock list:

Poco - Cantamos & Seven

8543k.jpg

Airto - Fingers & Airto/Deodato in Concert

8544k.jpg

Percy Faith - Clair & Joy

4614k.jpg

Only the "Guess Who's" American woman/share the land is unavailable on both DV and Amazon sites. Poco and the Guess Who, had more success in southern California instead of nationaly. GW also did well in some border states.
Not surprised that the American Woman/Share the Land is sold out being that both albums charted the highest in the states, both in the top 20 of billboards 200 LP'S. A brilliant selection by DV to release, this 2fer.
One available on discogs for $87+ shipping from Russia 👎, none on eBay. I may have to sell my extra copy.🤔
812EVQmMfgL._SL1418_.jpg

Last edited:
Try Grooves Inc. for American Woman/Share the Land.
I ordered it from them quite recently, it arrived earlier this week.
Only takes a $20 order to get free shipping

Last edited:
Surely they'd do another pressing??? They repressed pure praire league....this GW was just released end of August...its only beginning of December....just shortly over 3 months....WOW im guessing they'll repress

Back