DVD-Audio "Journey Into The Dark" from bArtMan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bArtMan

Hello,

the new DVD-Audio from bArtMan is available. Here you can download an album-teaser in DTS:

http://www.bartman-music.de/

journey_vorne_250.jpg

Kind regards
Torsten

I really like the Bartman3 album too, we're really being spoiled at the moment!!!

Super fast delivery, bought Tuesday and recieved on Thursday :) thank you Torsten.

I like what i am hearing so far. A lot of instrumental music, some dark and some lighter stuff. Mix is active. i will listen a cew times more before i write a longer review.

Due to some diy work in my apartment I am in stereo mode only, so I have not been able to listen too much to this disc. A pity as the first two spins were very good.

As I wrote before, the album is very good music and mix wise. Personally the ,music gets stronger during the album.

For those who have Bartman3, the new album is recommended. It has some similarities, but the new album uses some more organ in the rears for example, which made me play some air organ :)

Hi Robert,

thank you for your nice words. Air organ is very cool :phones. BTW, all customers will get the MP3-download for free. I'll make the stereomix this week.

Then you have a better sound for your air organ Robert :sun

thanks Torsten

Had a listen to the samplers on Torsten's website and thought this sounds like some interesting prog rock and 5.1, so I've just ordered it.

Hey Torsten! I checked out the samples and they're really cool. I saw in the thread for the first album that you had the entire disc available as a .iso download plus PDF liner notes - is that still the case, and for both albums? I'd be very interested in that.

Keep up the great work! Thanks for making such cool prog rock and supporting the 5.1 format.

Unfortunately I havn't enough webspace. bArtMan³ was downloaded a couple of times. And the iso-file blocked my webspace. Than I've decided against iso-files. But shipping worldwide for a set of bArtMan³/journey costs only 3,50 €. This is a fair price.

Torsten, thank you for sending the disc so promptly. I've only had a chance to do a quick run through of the music but I love the 5.1 mix and it's nice to hear this kind of music with a lovely, warm mix rather some of the harsher stuff that's about. Congratulations on producing something that puts the major labels to shame. (y)

Well I did it in reverse, I liked the music & 5.1 mix on "Journey Into The Dark" so much that I ordered "bArtMan3"! :)

I saw in the thread for the first album that you had the entire disc available as a .iso download plus PDF liner notes - is that still the case, and for both albums? I'd be very interested in that.

I've authored a video-dvd with DTS 96/24 & Dolby Digital 5.1 for download. Please check my website for more information.

All surround-friends a happy new year. :wave

Finally got around to buying both this and Bartman³. While I immediately loved Bartman³, Journey took me some time to warm up to. I still don't like it as much as the first one. The first feels like a nice, uninterrupted flow while "Journey" has many passages that feel like being stuck in city traffic: just when you get into a flow, there's a jarring stop that takes you out of your "zone". For instance, guitars or organs cut short. That staccato style wasn't present on the first one.

Regardless, I do have a good overall impression of "Journey"! I very much like the album now and Thorsten was very gracious to help me out with the DTS track. It's a pleasure and I cannot wait for more from Bartman! Keep up the great work, and thanks again for making your music available in 5.1, and so well-done to boot.

Journey into the Dark is the follow up to Bartman3. Bartman3 was my introduction to Torsten his music. That was a pleasant surprise!

When the new album was announced, so when the Journey into the Dark album was announced, it meant an auto-buy.

The album has 10 songs, most of them instrumental. It starts with the title track.

This song starts with a mysterious intro, which flows into a nice song, with keys and guitar. Guitar is nicely mixed in the rears and keys in the fronts.

The Black Cage is more laid back, with acoustic guitars and violin/cello type of instruments. Distorted guitar and drums come in at half time, mixed into the center and fronts.

Dance with Demons is more up tempo, with (slide) guitar and keys dueling again. Quieter passages are mainly keys.

Track 4 has a beautiful guitar intro. The song is mixed in an effective way, as mainly the whole album is done, either guitars in the front, keys/strings in the back or vice versa.

Dark Despair is a darker song, with some electronic rhythms, with good use of the center speaker and rears, where some guitar effect is creeping in. It has the first vocals on the album. All in all a very good song, and apart from the vocals, it could be a more experimental Steven Wilson song.

Reflections is a laid back song, with some interesting organ parts mixed in the rears! The solo guitar is mixed in the center.

Tale of the Hierophant starts again with some mysterious sounds, mixed around the soundfield. Again great use of the rears with percussion in the slower passages!

Hope and Salvation goes further in the same direction, again some good guitar work combined with more electronic elements.

The album closes with more easy going songs Doubts Remain and The Middle of Nowhere, with at the end a small tribute to the ending of Pink Floyd’s Echoes 

The only minor thing for me is that the drums sound a bit messy here and there.

All in all a very good album and excellent surround mix. It is great to see such releases from an independent artist.

Back