eBay Beatles 7.1 Bluray Boots - LOL

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
So I figured "What the hell", I will buy one of those alleged Japan only test pressing very rare amazing mix BluRay discs that have been appearing on eBay in unlimited quantities over the past year or so, bringing the seller between $50-$90 each. I wanted to get one of these, pull it apart on my DAW and see just what kind of mix was on this thing.

So, last night I did a "Buy it Now" for $49, thinking I'd take one for the team.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beatles-Bl...d4sN8A1Yco%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc
Well, this morning I get the following email. "Oh no, the disc is scratched!" What this leads me to believe that since this seller is a QQ member, when he saw who actually won the auction, he freaked out because they know my stance on this stuff and they know that I would probably pull this thing apart and report here.

So, needless to say, I don't approve of what you are doing, but I can't stop you nor would I ever try. I was basically curious to see what you have done, as this kind of stuff interests me. The fact that you have great feedback tells me that your customers are happy, so that's cool.

So keep on selling, it's fine with me. I don't know how you haven't been stopped by Apple/Captiol/UMe, but as I said, that's not my problem. I just think it was pretty lame chickening out and cancelling the sale.

ebay.jpg

Last edited:
So I figured "What the hell", I will buy one of those alleged Japan only test pressing very rare amazing mix BluRay discs that have been appearing on eBay in unlimited quantities over the past year or so, bringing the seller between $50-$90 each. I wanted to get one of these, pull it apart on my DAW and see just what kind of mix was on this thing.

So, last night I did a "Buy it Now" for $49, thinking I'd take one for the team.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beatles-Bl...d4sN8A1Yco%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc
Well, this morning I get the following email. "Oh no, the disc is scratched!" What this leads me to believe is that this seller is a QQ member and when (s)he saw who actually won the auction, they freaked out because they know my stance on this stuff and they know that I would probably pull this thing apart and report here.

So, whoever you are, I don't approve of what you are doing, but I can't stop you nor would I ever try. I was basically curious to see what you have done, as this kind of stuff interests me. The fact that you have great feedback tells me that your customers are happy, so that's cool.

So keep on selling, it's fine with me. I don't know how you haven't been stopped by Apple/Captiol/UMe, but as I said, that's not my problem. I just think it was pretty lame chickening out and cancelling the sale.

View attachment 42352

I'd bet it's just some dude doing a Panteo upmix, trying to recoup his $500 cost on the software(n)

Back