Elliot Scheiner Handles New Toto IV SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
This week's release of Toto IV as a Multichannel SACD features a new 5.1 mix of the album by Elliot Scheiner.

While the sound of Toto IV still isn't something to celebrate, Scheiner does some good work several of the tracks.

Toto fans may want to take a listen. But I wouldn't call this one an essential Multichannel SACD to own.

Wasn't there a new BluRay release coming of this in some wildly expensive box set, or something like that? Did it ever come out or was it just a vapor release?
There is not much info on it that I can find.

Reason I was curious was that I was sure I had this SACD but in looking for it I cannot seem to find it so maybe I never actually did get around to buying it.

The box set is still available for preorder here: https://store.totoofficial.com/all-in.html

Only $500?! :oops:

$100 less than the OPPO UHD 203 = INSIDIOUS!

The irony: the original mch SACD and the 203 are currently both as scarce as hen's teeth!

Egg-Eating-Hen.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe 500 of us should all chip in a buck, keep the bluray, sell the box on eBay, and pass the blu ray around to all 500? :unsure:

Or even better, they should just let us by the damn 5.1 by itself! :mad:

I'd have thought Mr Urban had this SACD (I guess he did too)..
this one is a perfect candidate for a BD reissue!

Back