exaSound e18 DAC - 8 channels at 32bit/384 kHz

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exa065

Hello everyone,

I am a long time sound enthusiast. My background is in electronics and software development. I've been experimenting with multichannel computer-based audio since 2005. I've just started a company - exaSound Audio Design.

Pease allow me to introduce our new product - DAC designed for world-class multichannel musical experience. The e18 DAC plays DXD 352.8kHz master files with bit-perfect low-jitter accuracy. It supports stereo, quad and 8-channel modes at sampling rates up to 32bit/384kHz.

Noteworthy features include:

• The e18 DAC is based on the ESS Technologies ES9018 Sabre32 jitter-resistant reference DAC chip.
• Further jitter minimization is achieved by using three precision quartz oscillators.
• Seventeen internal independent power sources minimize noise, jitter and channel crosstalk.
• Galvanic isolation between the USB subsystem and the DAC circuits eliminates noise caused by ground loops and blocks computer-originated interferences.
• The e18 operates in asynchronous USB transfer mode. The custom ASIO driver is completely independent from the Windows sound system. ASIO provides many benefits that are relevant to audiophiles, including high sampling rates, bit-perfect playback and automatic sampling rate switching.
• The e18 comes with a high-fidelity headphone amplifier capable of driving the most demanding headphones.
• Two S/PDIF inputs provide jitter reduction and superb D/A conversion when used with traditional transports.
• The e18 DAC can be programmed to work with most IR remote controls.

Any feedback is welcome,

George Nikolov
Founder, exaSound.com

Welcome to the forum, George. Good luck with your product and company!

Thank you, Jon. This is a great forum! I look forward to sharing my experience and ideas.
-Best,

George

Back