Faulty Immersion BR Disks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matrix of the US disc (good):
BVDL-196930A1 3
BVDL-196930B1 3

You need a replacement disc if you read this matrix:
294349 DB44459-01 optimal media production L0
294349 DB44459-01 optimal media production L1

And in case you don't know where to look for the number....it's on the flip side of the disc(the side that doesn't have the label information on it)and just go to the second outermost ring in the center of the disc..

Exactly what I thought, the address is only four miles from me but it's only a PO box number. Both of my defective discs are already in the post they should have them by tomorrow.
Ah well, took a drive out, the place is only just over five minutes away, it's a Postal Delivery Office that passes on mail (hence the PO box number) to the disc distributor. I'm really surprised this is being dealt with local to where I live.

Ah well, took a drive out, the place is only just over five minutes away, it's a Postal Delivery Office that passes on mail (hence the PO box number) to the disc distributor. I'm really surprised this is being dealt with local to where I live.
You're lucky to live that close. I wish they would have given the option to provide proof of purchase instead of having to ship the disc. I wonder what they will do if my CD gets lost or is stolen in transit

I have bought my EU pressing set 4 years ago... Now checked the BD and it plays fine. How long should I wait to see it dead? And would be this replacement program still available by the time it happens?:confused:

I have bought my EU pressing set 4 years ago... Now checked the BD and it plays fine. How long should I wait to see it dead? And would be this replacement program still available by the time it happens?:confused:

In my opinion...if it's in the affected batch...send it now...don't wait...they aren't going to test all these discs...it will fail eventually and who knows how long this program will be around..

Then I'll wait the post here from the first QQers who got corrected version as evidence it's the real deal.:smokin

In the meantime, if you have the ability to back up your currently working disc, it's probably a good idea.

In fact, backing it up will also effectively "test" the entire thing, potentially alerting you to trouble that may not be obvious.

Both of my defective discs are already in the post they should have them by tomorrow.
Did you have two copies of the DSOTM Blu-ray? Or did you also send in a copy of WYWH? The email only mentions the former, so I doubt they have replacement discs available for the latter.

Did you have two copies of the DSOTM Blu-ray? Or did you also send in a copy of WYWH? The email only mentions the former, so I doubt they have replacement discs available for the latter.
Yes two DSOTM BD's, a while after I found my first BD had failed (after someone reported a failed disc) I bought a second Immersion box, that second disc lasted about three months before I found that one to have failed too. As for WYWH, I do not have a problem with my BD.

[QUOTE="vegas, post: 375158, member: 9199"]Hope you are right, Clint!;) Then I'll wait the post here from the first QQers who got corrected version as evidence it's the real deal.:smokin[/QUOTE]

Think of this situation like the automobile industry...when there is a known defect(like in this case of a production problem)...you don't have to wait until the problem occurs...once your vehicle(or in this case a disc)has been identified as part of the production problem....you get it fixed(or replaced)….

Got this a few days ago:

Hi there,

Updated 14th June 2018.

If your enquiry is regarding a faulty 'Dark Side of the Moon' Blu-ray, please post your faulty disc to the following address along with your details for us to send you a replacement disc in a white sleeve..

DSOTM BD Replacement
PO Box 263
Wirral
CH29 9FU
United Kingdom

PLEASE REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR ADDRESS FOR REPLACEMENT DISC.

PLEASE KEEP/RETAIN THE ORIGINAL CARDBOARD SLEEVE.

Best,

aeCreate

Back