First Album release in Involve Quad format: Suzanne Ciani Live Quadraphonic

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear All

NEWS FLASH

Just so you know first, there was a bit of a mystery as to what actual format KamranV used in the recording of the Cianni performance as they used what switch position on the evaluation encoder we supplied "sounded the best" and frankly no one clearly remembered which way it was! The internet review states it was good old QS also KamranV thought it was standard QS / RM in his podcast https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2018/11/01/quadraphonic-sound-podcast/.

Well as I suspected we have great news - Upon wave file analysis by Dave the bitch (Overture) the winner is INTELLIGENT INVOLVE!

Yay team

I am happy about this because what has not been mentioned was the great failure of QS encode and that is a compressed frontal image due to excessive crosstalk between the left / right stereo encode. Intelligent Involve encode is in fact a variable matrix triband encoder with psychoacoustic control factors, unlike the single band fixed parameter QS/ RM matrix. Intelligent involve continuously optimises the parameters for BOTH the encoded stereo stream and the resultant decoded surround.

I feel all warm and surroundy inside.

I caught onto this a little late. As a Surround Master owner, I'm a little hurt that there is no way to buy the LP without the decoder. $200 is a great deal when you don't have a surround master, but when you do it's not so easy to swallow. Yeah, I can get the download, heck, I can pipe it over youtube for free, but you know, I kinda would like to own the first quad LP in decades after being one of the first investors in the technology.

I caught onto this a little late. As a Surround Master owner, I'm a little hurt that there is no way to buy the LP without the decoder. $200 is a great deal when you don't have a surround master, but when you do it's not so easy to swallow. Yeah, I can get the download, heck, I can pipe it over youtube for free, but you know, I kinda would like to own the first quad LP in decades after being one of the first investors in the technology.
It sold for $227 on release and now it doesn't appear to be available anywhere for any amount of money. It last sold on discogs in august. Discogs report that sale prices on their site ranged from $279 to $300! It's also currently on something like 85 people's discogs want lists!

It sold for $227 on release and now it doesn't appear to be available anywhere for any amount of money. It last sold on discogs in august. Discogs report that sale prices on their site ranged from $279 to $300! It's also currently on something like 85 people's discogs want lists!

I think we are are sold out to. The marketing plan was not ours!

Why does the website still have an active link to PayPal to purchase then? Lack of updates? :unsure:

Yep our website types are a bit slack and in Australia we have a long Xmas break due to the warm weather. I can assure you we are sold out

Regards

Chucky

Yep our website types are a bit slack and in Australia we have a long Xmas break due to the warm weather. I can assure you we are sold out

Regards

Chucky
Here's a run-on sentence so bear with me. :D

If it was mentioned earlier, I apologize but if the physical decoder was designed and manufactured with the intent for a single run to promote the overall quad campaign and further the awareness in spatial music production, it appears that if I don't get one of those limited run units I'll never get one. Is there a possibility that schematics and part lists could be shared with the niche crowd here?

I'd like to have one but if they aren't available I'd love to build my own. Or any other suggestions on this inquiry would be welcome, of course.

Thanks in advance, Chucky.

Here's a run-on sentence so bear with me. :D

If it was mentioned earlier, I apologize but if the physical decoder was designed and manufactured with the intent for a single run to promote the overall quad campaign and further the awareness in spatial music production, it appears that if I don't get one of those limited run units I'll never get one. Is there a possibility that schematics and part lists could be shared with the niche crowd here?

I'd like to have one but if they aren't available I'd love to build my own. Or any other suggestions on this inquiry would be welcome, of course.

Thanks in advance, Chucky.

Hi

We are in the process of testing the new super duper Surround Master which is a much more comprehensive unit (see the new surround master thread). Meanwhile we still have stock of the basic Involve decoder surround decoder module, it really is the same effectively to the one we designed for the Cianni record. It costs $150 plus if you want the 5.1 version its another $100. It has no case but thats pretty easy. See attached press release.

Regards

Chucky

Attachments

• Involve evaluation module press release_V1.4.pdf
    725.5 KB · Views: 211
Ep154: The Brief History of Quadraphonic Records
In the 1970s, record collectors & music fans salivated over the latest Quadraphonic stereo systems. So why did it die out? Kamran V has recently pressed the first Quadraphonic vinyl record in over 30 years and shares the history, and possible future, of Quadraphonic audio.

Its quite a painful listen when two people who don't have a technical background try and discuss something technical! And QuadBob gets a promo. Oh dear.

Dear All

Just got back from the NAMM show in LA and we had the great pleasure of having dinner with Kamran V who really is a very nice guy and has really concluded quad is the way to go! And during the show Suzanne Ciani made a special point of visiting and chatting to us on the stand, really a very nice person. Here is the photo with Left to right, Lil Ol me, Suzanne, Dave the Bitch and Dawson.

20190126_111450__1548766010_112.141.53.192.jpg

She is not that tiny, for scale Dave the Bitch (Overture) is 6 feet 3

Well I hope they mention pre-orders here. I will be looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up. Is there a site where one can keep track of the progress of this new album?

Back