First Reviled, Now Revered: The Historic Albums of 1969

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pupster, the 103/105 and most previous OPPO models did incorporate HDCD decoding but unfortunately, the 203/205 do NOT. It will read as a regular CD [44.1/16] where 'supposedly' the HDCD encode/decode was 20 bit although my pre/pro still showed 44.1/16. It baffles the mind!

The only label, AFAIK, which currently releases HDCD encoded CDs is Reference Recording......they even incorporate it on the CD layer of their multichannel SACDs. BTW, Professor Johnson [of Reference Recordings] was one of the originators of the HDCD process. You see, Pupster, you learn something NEW every day. :QQlove

See the source image
Yes I'm aware of the HDCD specs, however you say your pre/pro showed 16 bit, I assume it was being fed 16 bit from whatever player you where using; which was what exactly?

Yes I'm aware of the HDCD specs, however you say your pre/pro showed 16 bit, I assume it was being fed 16 bit from whatever player you where using; which was what exactly?

The OPPO 105 which IS HDCD capable! Do any of your HDCD players show 20 bit on your pre/pro?

Back