Five Point One- by Cornelius

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m very intrigued by this, but before I buy, a question for anyone who owns it: the track listing on Discogs and elsewhere seems to indicate that the 5.1 DVD is missing several songs from the original Point CD: “Bug (Electric Last Minute)”, “Brazil”, and “Nowhere”. Is that right, or are those songs hidden away somewhere on the DVD?

Hi Monkish - it's true those aren't on it but don't let it be an issue. Bug is only 30 seconds, there are two other songs on the DVD (Drop - do it again and From Nakameguro to Everywhere), plus another 11 remixes on a separate (compact) disc.
It's a fantastic and detailed release.

bad news on the Cornelius front - He mixed his new album Mellow Waves in 5.1, didn't release it with the album, then recently released it with all the visuals from the live show - only in Japan.
Good news: if you are on the west coast you can see the Point tour in the next few days!!! His band and projectionists are insane.

bad news on the Cornelius front - He mixed his new album Mellow Waves in 5.1, didn't release it with the album, then recently released it with all the visuals from the live show - only in Japan.
Good news: if you are on the west coast you can see the Point tour in the next few days!!! His band and projectionists are insane.

I’ll post the info on another thread, but the Blu Ray, “Mellow Waves Visual” can be purchased via CD Japan and Amazon Japan.

If anybody is still looking for this, I've just received a sealed copy from ebay UK for £3.99. The seller still has 4 copies left. Postage is free (and also worldwide, though maybe they will charge extra for that?) NB, although it is from ebay UK, it is not a region 2 disc (it's 1,3,4,5,6!), so you'll need a multi-region player or be able to rip it if you are UK based. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cornelius-Five-Point-One-PM-By-Humans-New-Sealed-CD-DVD/123991680879

FYI, looks like the seller won't ship to the US, or at least to Oklahoma -- won't allow me to checkout, in any case.

FYI, looks like the seller won't ship to the US, or at least to Oklahoma -- won't allow me to checkout, in any case.
That's a shame. Still says "posts worldwide", so maybe worth contacting them. I suspect you will have to pay extra postage, though. £3.99 shipped worldwide is a bit too good to be true.

So if I'm tracking this one down, do I want the 5.1 + PM DTS-DVDV, or the remastered Point CD+DVD (which includes Five Point One)? Or doesn't it really matter?

I love that the mix is very active without ever being tiring. Lots of things going on but they all make sense. A wide variety of music - including pop, rock, gentle beats, thrash metal and ambient. This can be found very cheap so it's well worth a try even if you're not so keen on all of the music.

I personally found the videos too distracting and annoying but I applaud the fact that they are added value for most people.

1997's "Fantasma" has been mentioned a couple of times on QQ so i got curious and had to pick up the CD to see how it panned out through the Surround Master since its said to have been recorded "using 3D microphones", which i guess is binaural or something along those lines? anyway i'll give it a go tonight see what's what, what! 😎😋🎧🤹🎤😅

2C3E8809-656F-4BF7-91D5-54A5325515DC.jpeg

7245B379-4C29-4960-8AD7-6B01F52C055C.jpeg

1997's "Fantasma" has been mentioned a couple of times on QQ so i got curious and had to pick up the CD to see how it panned out through the Surround Master since its said to have been recorded "using 3D microphones", which i guess is binaural or something along those lines? anyway i'll give it a go tonight see what's what, what! 😎😋🎧🤹🎤😅

View attachment 73124

View attachment 73125
LOL!!
"Keep this and all other drugs out of the reach of the PARENTS"!!!

Back