FLEETWOOD MAC TUSK DELUXE EDITION WITH 5.1 SURROUND DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
All Info from SpinCDs.com:

https://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/tusk-deluxe-edition-5cd-1dvd-a-2-vinyl

Fleetwood Mac builds on its formidable legacy as one of rock’s most legendary acts as they re-visit their most ambitious album with deluxe and expanded editions of TUSK.

Originally released in 1979, the Grammy® Award-nominated, double-album sold more than four million copies worldwide, and reached number 1 in the UK album charts, and included hits like “Sara,” “Think About Me,” and the title track.

The announcement comes as the band – Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham Stevie Nicks and now of course Christine McVie, – continues it’s acclaimed, “On With The Show” world tour which recently including 6 sold out shows at London’s 02 Arena.

To follow the historic, global success of 1977’s Grammy-Award winning Rumours, Fleetwood Mac chose to take a more experimental approach on Tusk. The most famous example has to be the unexpected and beloved inclusion of the University of Southern California’s marching band on the title track.

TUSK will be available on December 4

This DELUXE EDITION delves deep into the vaults with five CDs including the remastered original album, an alternate version of the complete album made up of session outtakes, most of which have never been released, as well as an additional selection of singles, demos and remixes, including an outtake of “Think About Me,” an early version of “That’s Enough For Me” called “Out On The Road,” plus several incarnations of “I Know I’m Not Wrong.”
Also included are two discs loaded with 22 unreleased performances from the band’s 1979 Tusk tour with selections from concerts in London, Tucson, and St. Louis. It includes live versions of album tracks like “Sara, “Over And Over” and “Save Me A Place,” as well as favorites like “Landslide,” “You Make Loving Fun,” “Rhiannon,” “Don’t Stop” and “Go Your Own Way.”
Completing the Deluxe Edition is a 5.1 surround mix of Tusk on DVD-Audio and vinyl of the original album on 2-LPs.
The collection comes housed in an elegant box reminiscent of the acclaimed Rumours Deluxe Edition with a booklet that has extended liner notes that feature new interviews with all the band members.

TUSK is also available as a 1 disc and 3 disc version.

WOW, didn't see this one coming.
I know I should be happy that we can just get these 5.1's some how but its killing me how they package these things.
Why couldn't we just have a cd\dvda package or cd\bluray and not have to pay $100 for one album.

peter

:banana::banana:Great find RT:woopie:wave:banana::bounce17:banana:..I must be dreaming...The Doors...The Beatles...and Fleetwood Mac in one year...

[video=youtube;MrRVW-p8SJ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrRVW-p8SJ8[/video]

This is fantastic! Maybe the "3 disc version" has the DVD-A as well? (wishful thinking)... I'm just glad we finally get to buy another super deluxe box! (All kidding aside, I WILL have this.)

WOW, didn't see this one coming.
I know I should be happy that we can just get these 5.1's some how but its killing me how they package these things.
Why couldn't we just have a cd\dvda package or cd\bluray and not have to pay $100 for one album.

peter

I'm all over this one...look at it this way...it's not $500 and it has actual "music" on it...not cheesy sound effects or a 25lb cardboard wall and doesn't feature a lip sync egomaniac whose skills have long since departed...

This is fantastic! Maybe the "3 disc version" has the DVD-A as well? (wishful thinking)... I'm just glad we finally get to buy another super deluxe box! (All kidding aside, I WILL have this.)

Sorry, but the 3-disc edition contains the first 3 CDs of the Deluxe Set, which are the Remastered Album, a disc of Singles & Session Outtakes, and a disc they are calling the Alternate Tusk.

Is the surround an Elliott Scheiner mix? Not that it matters. If I have to get a second job to buy this I will....

The 5.1 mix should be by Ken Callait, who was the one who did that excellent 5.1 mix of "Rumours".
He also mixed this album and "Fleetwood Mac" (1975 album) in surround too, but both were shelved as DVD-A faded away from Warner Music's sight, but it looks like we'll finally get at least this one after all this time! :)

I would never dream of paying these money for, what essentially is one album with extras (wouldn't even happen with my favourite albums). A stand alone 5.1 or cd/dvd-a or this is no no.

All Info from SpinCDs.com:

https://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/tusk-deluxe-edition-5cd-1dvd-a-2-vinyl

Fleetwood Mac builds on its formidable legacy as one of rock’s most legendary acts as they re-visit their most ambitious album with deluxe and expanded editions of TUSK.

Originally released in 1979, the Grammy® Award-nominated, double-album sold more than four million copies worldwide, and reached number 1 in the UK album charts, and included hits like “Sara,” “Think About Me,” and the title track.

The announcement comes as the band – Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham Stevie Nicks and now of course Christine McVie, – continues it’s acclaimed, “On With The Show” world tour which recently including 6 sold out shows at London’s 02 Arena.

To follow the historic, global success of 1977’s Grammy-Award winning Rumours, Fleetwood Mac chose to take a more experimental approach on Tusk. The most famous example has to be the unexpected and beloved inclusion of the University of Southern California’s marching band on the title track.

TUSK will be available on December 4

This DELUXE EDITION delves deep into the vaults with five CDs including the remastered original album, an alternate version of the complete album made up of session outtakes, most of which have never been released, as well as an additional selection of singles, demos and remixes, including an outtake of “Think About Me,” an early version of “That’s Enough For Me” called “Out On The Road,” plus several incarnations of “I Know I’m Not Wrong.”
Also included are two discs loaded with 22 unreleased performances from the band’s 1979 Tusk tour with selections from concerts in London, Tucson, and St. Louis. It includes live versions of album tracks like “Sara, “Over And Over” and “Save Me A Place,” as well as favorites like “Landslide,” “You Make Loving Fun,” “Rhiannon,” “Don’t Stop” and “Go Your Own Way.”
Completing the Deluxe Edition is a 5.1 surround mix of Tusk on DVD-Audio and vinyl of the original album on 2-LPs.
The collection comes housed in an elegant box reminiscent of the acclaimed Rumours Deluxe Edition with a booklet that has extended liner notes that feature new interviews with all the band members.

TUSK is also available as a 1 disc and 3 disc version.

We're gonna need a bigger boat (and bigger houses and wallets.!! :D )

This year for surround.. bloody hell.. financial wipeout..!! :yikes

Random thought: If (IF) this is an honest to goodness DVD-Audio, it'll be my first "NEW" DVD-A for a while.. :eek:

Back to the regular programming..! Who am I kidding, there's nothing regular about this programme, it's Super Deluxe Tusk in 5.1 surround-o-matic.. wowzers..!! :p

Back