• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Four AF Multi SACDs on The Bay, Low Starts?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warning, self promotional advertising.....Billy, Herbie, Judy, and Grovey...I mean Grover, all for sale on the Bay with low start prices I would say. Search by Anthraciteman, or by title.
Self promotion is GOOD! You weren't kidding about those low start prices--I'm salivating. But s'up with the shipping and handling? You personally delivering these 😜

Haven't looked at what BS eBay inserted there, but its $5, $1 more for another disc in US.
Now I'm shaking in anticipation! Here's what E-BS-bay has for your listing:

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 8.19.58 AM.png

Last edited:
rough as it may sound, all ye U.S. based QQ-ers, please do spare a thought for those of us in the UK/Europe (i can't speak for our members in Canada but maybe you are all suffering too?) i know at least over here we've long been getting import-a-mentally shafted with this Quaddiction, i can't take much more long distance postal punishment fo'sho! 😝

As folks can vouch who have bought from me, in the US it is $5 that I charge....that is for Media Mail, in a USPS padded envelope that cost me about $1.75, with extra bubble wrap inserted. It's break even at best. Overseas or Canada, I charge you what it cost me, there is no Media mail outside the US from my understanding, so until Rump changes the postal rates....

rough as it may sound, all ye U.S. based QQ-ers, please do spare a thought for those of us in the UK/Europe (i can't speak for our members in Canada but maybe you are all suffering too?) i know at least over here we've long been getting import-a-mentally shafted with this Quaddiction, i can't take much more long distance postal punishment fo'sho! 😝

I really do feel for our British QQ Brethern who are subjected to 'criminally insane' Import tariffs and postage fees.

It is said in the UK: The Postman might only ring ONCE ...... but charges THRICE!

See the source image

As folks can vouch who have bought from me, in the US it is $5 that I charge....that is for Media Mail, in a USPS padded envelope that cost me about $1.75, with extra bubble wrap inserted. It's break even at best. Overseas or Canada, I charge you what it cost me, there is no Media mail outside the US from my understanding, so until Rump changes the postal rates....

Yep Yep Yep - think Snood has bought a couple things from John and they were top notch shipped and condition :LB :QQlove :LB Even if these were to be charged 5 bux more shipping, these will most def be in fantastic condition and well worth it. :LB

If you sell even casually, you shouldn't be buying mailers individually - you can get 25 for about 40 cents each, with further savings at 100 (about 20 cents per): https://www.amazon.com/Mailers-Seal-Shipping-Envelopes-Secure/dp/B076XBJ8QN/. They also don't need additional bubble wrap (and it's actually a mistake to use it IMO). And use Paypal for shipping - you get the discount even if you didn't sell through eBay or them directly - Create Shipping Label - PayPal. Your total cost for shipping a CD shouldn't be more than $3 if you do that.

I'm sure its great advice but I'm downsizing and don't need 100 mailers hanging around, and I like my lady in the local Post Office so I don't ship anything via Ebay/Paypal e....if anything the Global Shipping Program is criminal. Call me Mr. Old Fashioned.
Totally fair! I'm just pointing out where there's places to save. Paypal shipping isn't connected to eBay, it's just a way to print labels and get the same discount you get when shipping via Amazon/eBay. I picked up a box of 100 CD mailers (7.25x8 Kraft Bubble Mailers) for $16 shipped in 2013 and I'm only now finishing going through them, so I do get the clutter issue.

Edit: Looks like the price of what I purchased has shot up - it's $20 now: https://www.amazon.com/Kraft-Bubble-Padded-Mailers-7-25/dp/B003ZQHT64/. Inflation...

I just use the mailers from the zillions of albums I've bought...
Yeah, I've got a shipping materials problem at my house (a constant battle to clear out or decide to save for re-mailing) or the mailers can be reused as just extra padding. But to be fair I think the onus should be on the buyer to inform the seller if they prefer better packaging and compensate the seller for the extra effort.
Also for the record - I'm not a fan of the cheap mailers; too many titles have arrived cracked or busted up due to those cheap mailers - just my two cents.

Actually, given the shipping prices eBay is asking, I'd just use small flatrate priority mail boxes instead - the post office will even give you free tape for them. They also include $100 or so of insurance. I think it's $7.35 to anywhere in the USA.

On mailers, I researched pretty carefully and got the good ones - it shifts constantly though. But I actually think the right size mailer is much more important than most expensive - if the jewel case can't move around in the mailer, it's very likely to arrive safely, even if the padding is kind of thin.

I've used regular larger envelopes and with much extra bubble wrap. I make it a point to dumpster dive now and again and find lots of it of every type. Free bubble wrap is something I've gotten used to having 100% of the time. One just needs to be ready to roll it up and toss it into the trunk when you find it.

Back