Future Dutton Vocalion & Dutton Epoch SACD Release Schedule

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this forum and our polls are any indicator, the demand for the easy listening and country titles is nowhere near what it is for the rock/pop titles. “Breakaway” has 44 votes; the Dottie West title has 3.

Of course much of this music likely has fans that extend beyond the reaches of this forum, but at the same time it’s hard to imagine a large market for easy listening hi-res/quad reissues that exists blissfully unaware or uninterested in the attention we pay to such things here.

Maybe a lot of these get sold to people uninterested in the quad layers? But if so then that begs other inevitable questions.

One can only presume the licensing for these titles must be dirt cheap.

In terms of release schedule, I went back and here is the trend...as of late; (this doesn't include dates where classical only were offered) 😨

April 2018 - popular, including Rick Deringer

> go 3 months, then...

July 2018 - popular, including Poco

> go 2 months, then..

September 2018 - they released a handful of titles that would fall into the popular type titles, i.e., Jazz, R&B, Jazz-Rock, etc.

> go 4 months, then..

January 2019 - again, they released several titles, though this time, 2-3 country, 2-3 Percy Faith, Conniff, Mancini, etc.

> already been 4 months since last releases. Seems to me, the next batch may be back to either rock, country rock, etc. Or mixture of several genre's may be more likely.

Will they hit us with 15 titles at start of May? Hmmmm :love:

Last edited:
September 2018 - they released a handful of titles that would fall into the popular type titles, i.e., Jazz, R&B, Jazz-Rock, etc.

> go 4 months, then..

January 2019 - again, they released several titles, though this time, 2-3 country, 2-3 Percy Faith, Conniff, Mancini, etc.

I think they released a couple of classical discs around Late November/Early December, including the Boulez Conducts Bartok.

Yeah, I can still remember when I was in my late teens, a close friend told me that we wouldn’t be listening to Classical music until we got old and fat. Well I started buying more Classical this year🤔
Well, I have purchased my share of classical...trying to force myself to listen...and I really just cannot do it. :censored:

Not a classical music fan here either. Have few surround titles but they seem to be surround in name only as the use of the rears is very limited. Closest I’ve come to appreciating classical music is Shostakovich. I love the sound of a good rhythm section too much to deal with its absence on a full time basis.

There's no moral imperative to enjoy classical music, fwiw. But it has been one of Dutton's two main focuses for the past 20 years, and I (selfishly) anticipate that it figures prominently in their release planning going forward. I mean, Michael Dutton has actually been making new quad mixes for classical recordings he seems to have a passion for.

Not a classical music fan here either. Have few surround titles but they seem to be surround in name only as the use of the rears is very limited. Closest I’ve come to appreciating classical music is Shostakovich. I love the sound of a good rhythm section too much to deal with its absence on a full time basis.
Any particular title with Shostakovich that you like (especially in surround?)

There's no moral imperative to enjoy classical music, fwiw. But it has been one of Dutton's two main focuses for the past 20 years, and I (selfishly) anticipate that it figures prominently in their release planning going forward. I mean, Michael Dutton has actually been making new quad mixes for classical recordings he seems to have a passion for.

Don't take my posts too seriously ubertrout, I am coming around to Classical, just don't know what I like (chubby cheeks and all!):)

In terms of release schedule, I went back and here is the trend...as of late; (this doesn't include dates where classical only were offered) 😨

April 2018 - popular, including Rick Deringer

> go 3 months, then...

July 2018 - popular, including Poco

> go 2 months, then..

> go 4 months, then..

> already been 4 months since last releases. Seems to me, the next batch may be back to either rock, country rock, etc. Or mixture of several genre's may be more likely.

Will they hit us with 15 titles at start of May? Hmmmm :love:
Will they hit us next week? Why not expect the best and soonest?

I owed in FED and but have refund in STATE, so all in all I came out ok for 4/15 in the USA.

I'm like so ready to place my large order.

I like Big Band stuff, but I'm not much into Classical. I love me some Enoch Light now and then but my massive Q8 collection does not include a single classical title. It's just not my scene.

C'mon D-V! Hit us with something good. I'm toast for money right now, but would love some new Quad!

And if we're sharing tax stories, I owed $1.23 this year! lol. Last year I took a pension buy-out from an old job and got slaughtered at tax time because it bumped me up into the next bracket.

Last edited:
Back