Gavin Harrison - Circles 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one I least expected, I just bought the CD for my son :confused:
But as new DVD-A's are becoming somewhat rare, all are welcome.

BTW it is a duo effort, Gavin Harrison & 05ric.

Thanks Neil,

That's the guy doing the Thrak mix, right? Awesome. I can hardly wait for Thrak. I've always liked that album. I'll have to order Circles too. The samples sound pretty good.

Well its arrived today, listeing to it now while working on the laptop, Interesting music style, certainly good use of all the surround speakers.

Like what I have heard so far

Well its arrived today, listeing to it now while working on the laptop, Interesting music style, certainly good use of all the surround speakers.

Like what I have heard so far

It was mixed by Jacko, who is also doing ThraK and one of the KC live albums too.
He did a fine job, I think.

Arrived today, first listen in car tomorrow.

Only through the first four cuts, and Holy Guacamole!! I think Mr. Jacko is my new favorite mixer for this VERY aggressive use of rears and sides. To hear the piano keys coming from literally everywhere in the title track is amazing.
To those on the fence, I wasn't sure what to expect from a "rock" drummer and a guy with a rapper's name. Well, this is very much a jazz album, progressive/smooth/experimental/funk all rolled into one. Someone should send this to Bob Belden as an example of what IS being done in surround.

More when I'm through it all a few times...

And a quick shoutout to some guy named Wilkes for the Mastering & Authoring!

This is really an amazing album. It's hard to believe that (for the most part) 2 musicians can at times sound like King Crimson, and others like Steely Dan, Queen, or even 3 Dog Night. 05Ric is a revelation, especially his voice...very Fagen-like. The drumming is spectacular without pretension, and the 'extended-range bass' is a marvel.
For those with surround in their vehicles especially, this is a must purchase.
And if there were a poll it would get a 10 from me. In fact, my humble opinion is that Circles deserves front-page treatment more than Rhino/Aretha. New DVD-A of superb musicians mixed aggressively? Wow. Thanks to all involved, and K-Scope too!

Back