SPOTLIGHT Gene Clark "No Other" (New 5.1 surround mix on Blu-Ray and SACD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing has the MC mix on SACD and Blu-ray? I wonder if some enterprising QQers will want to part this out... :unsure:

DITTO!

See the source image

I've just had an email from 4AD and my copy will arrive tomorrow before 3pm :LBhowever I'll be packing for a business trip so I might get some time this weekend, if not it'll be next weekend but I'm away the week after that as well (but I will be going to a Steve Hackett gig in Bath), so maybe the one after that :eek:
Whoa, Duncan, I'm going to see Steve Hackett's gig in Portsmouth on Weds 14th...staying overnight too, as bro wanted to catch up and share a few sherbets!! He is going too!!

Last edited:
Whoa, Duncan, I'm going to see Steve Hackett's gig in Portsmouth on Weds 14th...staying overnight too, as bro wanted to catch up and share a few sherbets!! He is going too!!
I'm going with my brother as well. I was going to go and see Marillion with him tonight but as I'm going to be out the country for most of next week I decided against it (I have seen them quite a few times), so he's taking his son who as it Bath Uni anyway - though he did have to also bribe him with a pizza :D - my nephew prefers Led Zeppelin & AC-DC!

I've already emailed 4AD with pictures. This is unacceptable. My biggest concern, is that there are no more deluxe boxes to exchange for this damaged one. I refuse to keep this with this much damage. Never, ever had this happen, where the inside of the box set is damaged. Outside, yes, inside? Never.

It's so wrong on so many fronts Gene.
Someone knows they have done this and kept quiet...… fing grr
Oh, I know. I'm furious. Well, we will certainly see what kind of company 4AD is. I'm sure they will make this right, somehow. But, if they just want to me to return it for a full refund...I'm gonna be pissed. I was first in line to order this thing......

Noooooo!

Opened the box and the inside of box set is badly damaged!! How does this happen???!

113eeb9d3e817d2eed26bd89a4db4c46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very sorry to see this
My Rory Gallagher Irish Tour box was crushed similarly to yours. One of the issues seemed to be cardboard that resembles paper, very thin and fragile
And these boxes are not cheap
I’m not going to be ordering many box sets anymore because of this and cost, plus the bonus stuff included is getting thinner and thinner. The electric Ladyland box comes to mind, what a joke that was.

Oh, I know. I'm furious. Well, we will certainly see what kind of company 4AD is. I'm sure they will make this right, somehow. But, if they just want to me to return it for a full refund...I'm gonna be pissed. I was first in line to order this thing......

I hate to make light of it, Gene....but it looks like that mangled box was manufactured in 4 A.D.

I'm sure 4AD will make restituiton. In the meantime, enjoy the contents!

But you're correct in assuming 'it was an INSIDE JOB.'

Last edited:
I got mine shipped from 4AD the other day and it was packed perfectly. I'm sure they will do right by those who received damaged products. They certainly cant afford to lose customers who were willing to pay big bucks for this set.

Back