DVD/DTS Poll Genesis - Seconds Out [DTS 96-24/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Genesis- SECONDS OUT

• Total voters
I'm actually not sure if I put my CD versions into my Acura TL hard drive. I will have to do that to enjoy the full orgasmic dolby digital conversion on long road trips. Hope my wife doesn't mind. ;););):whistle::whistle:

Bad bad bad! Sorry, I'm not a real audiophile, but the 5.1 mix of Seconds Out really demolished this album for me. The set has long been a super favorite of mine and somehow, even with the better sonic fidelity, the 5.1 mix somehow took the "magic" away from the sound. The prior stereo mixes made it sound like an "event," with lots of mystery and walls of textured sound. Now, it's just a loud concert. Hackett's subtle guitar (e.g. Carpet Crawlers) is criminally buried. Seems like they wanted to crystalize and bring to the forefront vocals and drums. (hmmm, Phil bias?) Drums do sound really nice and rich though -- you can definitely hear the distinction between the two drum sets / players. Nice to hear Rutheford's bass popping though, and not muddy blend like past mixes. Sorry, but I'm going back to my 1997 stereo cds.
Where have you been Bubick ?

I don't know Genesis that well. I bought my first about a year ago only because it was multichannel.
I think the fidelity and EQ on this one is fantastic.
I can't find the dynamic range rating for this but I would guess it's 13 or so. You can just tell by the impact.
It's great getting some drums, bass & some effects out of the surrounds.
I will check this out in detail and vote later....

Tried to listen to this yesterday and I was immediately pissed off about all the "incidental" stuff, which is what gives it its closeness to the audience which was left out by the GRUMPY OLD MEN : count in to "Squonk" , the spoken "Supper's Ready" and its ecstatic reaction from the audience...every time I try to listen to this I go back to my rips from the LP , and besides , as a MCH mix, it's not really good at all compared to the other ones... I went from a 6 to a 4...

Back