Getting DTS playback on PC with JRiver (Asus Xoner DG card)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Hello,

I've just set up a PC on my desktop with JRiver 23 and a Asus Xoner DG 5.1 card, with three analog outputs via (3) mini headphone jacks. I got the channels all responding perfectly and sound is pretty amazing with the great speakers I am using. There is just one catch, I can't get DTS Entertainment CDs to decode in JRiver and send the four or six channels to the Xoner card for output. I tried every setting, ASIO / Waspi, drivers AC3, and another one known for DTS decoding, playback options 5.1, source number of chans, every setting and every combination and read up for four hours, and never got anything other than the DTS classic static. I have the two big cxodec packs installed, plus two addition ones known for DTS and AC3 decoding, so I don't know what to do next. I know the card's DAC does not decode DTS, or at least I think it does not, as I found not documentation saying it does. But JRiver should be able to send decoded DTS to the sound card right?

Anyone know how to force JRiver to use DTS decoding internally, and get music out of it?

Back