• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Getting that holiday feeling (x4)

Bill Brent

Reaction score
Here's my plan. Beginning in the wee small hours of Tuesday December 24th (Christmas Eve) and continuing up to midnight Christmas - I'll be playing Christmas in quad. so if anyone knows of any I've missed - pictured are most of what I have - please let me know, and I'll track them down. Thanks
main graphic.jpg

Sonik Wiz

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
I have no idea what exactly constitues the "wee hours" except it's probably past my bedtime. I'm sure you'll let us know more specific. I will record this one!

Jethro Tull Christmas album?!! I had no idea!!

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Here's my plan. Beginning in the wee small hours of Tuesday December 24th (Christmas Eve) and continuing up to midnight Christmas - I'll be playing Christmas in quad. so if anyone knows of any I've missed - pictured are most of what I have - please let me know, and I'll track them down. Thanks
View attachment 44374
Well I definitely didn't know those GRP Christmas collections were produced in surround 😲
I have most of the CDs - is that for real Bill???

Bill Brent

Reaction score
Well I definitely didn't know those GRP Christmas collections were produced in surround 😲
I have most of the CDs - is that for real Bill???
They look real - and the one I have in stereo is certainly a different mix than it's dts counterpart - I bought them off ebay quite a while back - I did end up with more than a few upmixed CDs marked dts surround - which - for surround effect - are kind-a meaningless in breaking them down, then encoding them (I've tried - and they come out a complete mess)!
This year will be 36+ hours of material either originally released in matrix quad, or extracted from a discrete source, and encoded using the Involve circuit board. I'll try to publish a complete playlist before air-time.

Sonik Wiz

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Well, thanks Bill. There goes another 25 Bucks:

Price
Jethro Tull - The Jethro Tull Christmas Album (CD, Album, Ltd + DVD-V) (Fuel 2000, Varèse Sarabande, Fuel 2000, Varèse Sarabande - 302 061 340 2, 302 061 427 2)
Item ID: 1017403164
Condition: Near Mint (NM or M-)
Sleeve Condition: Very Good (VG)
Comments: Discs have a couple of tiny marks, but, play through. Case has a few cracks. Front cover has a hype sticker.
$24.95
Subtotal of Items:​
$24.95
I love my enabler friends here.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Last edited:

Bill Brent

Reaction score

surroundophile

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Reaction score
You are showing several there that have never been released in any form of surround:
James Taylor, 170 songs & carols, Jethro Tull, The children of Christmas, The magic of Christmas, Wonderful sounds of Christmas, Magnavox (marked as SQ, but when played nothing comes from the rears).
There are a few I question, but am not sure about:
Boney M, Trijntie Oosterhels, Super Euro.

Bill Brent

Reaction score
weeding out the upmixes as I go - the James Taylor was a mistake - it's only one Taylor Christmas quad (that is one track) - mixed from multi-tracks - same with Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas is you - again - from multi-tracks. The Magnavox and Admiral SQ samplers - they are what they are. The wonderful sounds of Christmas is a hi-rez, that turned out to be just that.
I can't always track down the original source, so I rely on how well they sound - and how well they do (or do not) decode once I'm done with them. - it's a process. Thanks for responding - and keeping me honest :)

ubertrout

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Reaction score