Gramusic Label Quad Recordings from Spain

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Anderson

Staff member
I am wondering if anyone can provide additional info on quadraphonic recordings released in Spain on the Gramusic Label. What I know of is below

GRAMUSIC QUAD RECORDINGS SPAIN

LP RECORDS
GM-Q 0001 CALIFORNIA POPPY PICKERS -Play & Sing Hair, Aquarius & Others. Gramusic GM-Q 0001 (QS) [Spain]

GM-Q-0002 101 STRINGS -Tema De Love Story. Gramusic GM-Q-0002 (QS) [Spain]

GM-Q-0003 101 Strings -Bacharach & Webb. Gramusic GM-Q-0003 (QS) [Spain]

GM-Q-0004 101 STRINGS -Exitos De La Pantalla. Gramusic GM-Q-0004 (QS) [Spain]

GM-Q-0005 CINEMA ORCHESTRA & CHORUS -Cabaret. Gramusic GM-Q-0005 (QS) [Spain]

GM-Q-0006 101 STRINGS -GUITARRAS EN IPANEMA. GRAMUSIC GM-Q-0006 (QS) [Spain]

CASSETTE TAPES
GM-M 0001 CALIFORNIA POPPY PICKERS -Play & Sing Hair, Aquarius & Others. Gramusic GM-M 0001 (QSC) [Spain]

GM-M 0002

GM-M 0003

GM-M 0004 101 STRINGS -Exitos De La Pantalla. Gramusic GM-M-0004 (QSC) [Spain]

GM-M 0005

GM-M 0006

GM-Q 0001

The situation of quadraphonic in Spain is quite unclear: as far as i know, only matrxed stuff from CBS (Columbia USA titles) EMI UK and these ones above. Seems quad had a short timeframe between 1975-1976. Nice versions of USA albums retitled in spanish.

For quad diggers in spain, beware: plenty of stereo 8-track tapes in quad shells, especially on the Movieplay labels (on carts, MoviePak). Never seen a real spanish quad cart, despite having found a lot of ordinary USA carts (RCA and non-stickered Columbia), few EMI UK and one RCA Italy.

One example about fake quad 8,so you have an idea of what to avoid:

Last edited:
One example about fake quad 8,so you have an idea of what to avoid:
There are also many in the US. Since the quad notch would not effect the stereo listener it was one way of saving some penny's by reusing the quad shell for a stereo recording.
I just ran across this released in spain

So if an 8-track is only stereo but has a quad notch, what happens if you put it into a quad 8-track player?

If your player can only switch between 2 and 4 channels by the notch, you play two programs at once. If your machine, like my Technics RS858DUS, has a manual switch, you can play them in stereo.

What not to by in Spain if you are looking for Quad, Man they had a lot of extra quad shells
View attachment 41841
Oh, man.. I missed this a few days ago!!!!!
LOS PAYASOS DE LA TELE!!!!(dedicated to Cesar in Madrid!!!)
OK, this may be fake Quad BUT, it is quite interesting...
Gaby (the straight guy) Fofo y Miliki (who died recently and actually hated kids..but hey..) were from a Circus family and they basically fled Franco's regime and established themselves in South America and Puerto Rico, where I remember seeing them as a kid in one of their live broadcasts from Canal 2 Telemundo (yes , THAT Telemundo) in ...1968????
Fofo died quite young, in the 70's and Miliki's son (Emilio Aragon, aka Milikito) was originally the mute clown but I guess he was saving his talent for later cause he was a brilliant comedian and showman in Spain in the late 80's and early 90's when he used to host a show called "VIP Noche" in Tele 5 (I was the bass player in the show that used the same studio immediately after they cancelled VIP Noche... it was called "La batalla de las Estrellas" but that's another $20)..
CURIOUSLY enough, I was just singing "En el auto de Papa" the other day to my wife and when we were travelling to Loveland from Denver...dang!

Back