DTS-CD Grateful Dead - King Biscuit Flower Hour in SQ

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
The Grateful Dead recorded at the Orpheum Theatre in San Francisco was broadcast on 11/28/76. This special 90 minute Biscuit was broadcast in SQ Quad according to the cue sheets and comments made before the band begins.

I just received this show mastered directly from the original reel to reels made for broadcast in 76.

It is fairly well known that that the KBFH made SQ mixes of several of their mid seventies live recordings, Blood Sweat and Tears, and Lynyrd Skynyrd both come to mind. But I have not seen this one noted in the SQ Hall of Fame as of yet. Perhaps I missed it.

Jeff

Jeff Turkali said:
The Grateful Dead recorded at the Orpheum Theatre in San Francisco was broadcast on 11/28/76. This special 90 minute Biscuit was broadcast in SQ Quad according to the cue sheets and comments made before the band begins.

I just received this show mastered directly from the original reel to reels made for broadcast in 76.

It is fairly well known that that the KBFH made SQ mixes of several of their mid seventies live recordings, Blood Sweat and Tears, and Lynyrd Skynyrd both come to mind. But I have not seen this one noted in the SQ Hall of Fame as of yet. Perhaps I missed it.

Jeff
I think out member "quadtrade" has a complete set of the SQ KBFH reels. Maybe he has some info on this one.

Jon,
If quadtrade really does have the complete collection of SQ KBFH quad reels I'd love to get a copy of the list to add to my website. I've never found any definitive information on which concerts were and were not quad. If quadtrade sees this and can send me a listing I would really appreciate it.

George

Back