Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LennonCobain

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Maybe one of the 4 discs contains a surround sound mix. I hope so!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CPDVQYW?tag=mfconvert-20
6CCB6B5E-8442-4E8C-A610-7C9130EFEC49.jpeg

I bet we end up seeing a lot of price fluctuations much like the Roxy set. I am however a big fan of the album and it would certainly be cool in surround.

If a 5.1 mix is in fact included, I wonder who did it (this doesn't seem like a group Steven Wilson would associate with). Hopefully we'll get some answers soon...

First of all, I hate Guns N Roses, so if this deluxe edition does contain a 5.1 surround mix, it would have to be a damn good mix, and I would only get it for less than $100.
Anything more than that is just pure overkill in terms of price for me.

And...I misspoke. There's a blu-ray audio with a 5.1 mix. The version showed in the unboxing is I suspect the beyond super deluxe edition, but we'll learn more in the next days and weeks I suspect.

So, this is huge, at least for me. GnR is my favorite rock act, enough that I saw them twice on their reunion tour (in Vegas and locally). I've always hoped for this album (IMO the finest rock album, period) in 5.1 but assumed it would never happen. More to come here.

And...I misspoke. There's a blu-ray audio with a 5.1 mix. The version showed in the unboxing is I suspect the beyond super deluxe edition, but we'll learn more in the next days and weeks I suspect.

So, this is huge, at least for me. GnR is my favorite rock act, enough that I saw them twice on their reunion tour (in Vegas and locally). I've always hoped for this album (IMO the finest rock album, period) in 5.1 but assumed it would never happen. More to come here.

The video was posted a day early and has been pulled. Suffice to say it clearly said blu-ray audio with 5.1 mixes. I imagine it will be reposted around midnight (eastern) tomorrow.

Aha, excellent stuff. Still for that sort of money I would only buy it if it's a standalone I think. I'm sure that guitar intro on Sweet Child O' Mine would sound pretty awesome though!

Oh I am SO bloody sold already, hopefully there will be a version that's affordable containing the Blu-ray (like, you know, a standalone SKU?) but if not I'll swallow the cost and just resell minus the Blu-ray at a $50 discount or something to ensure I don't swallow too hard.

Rocket Queen in 5.1? Scratch that, one of the biggest baddest rock and roll albums of all time in its entirety in 5.1? Barry Diament's original CD mastering is great, Axl chose a very dynamic version of Chinese Democracy after Bob Ludwig mastered three different versions...hopefully this set will be chock full of dynamics and the surround mix will be done by someone like Clearmountain and NOT someone like Adam Kasper, lol.

Please surround Gods, make this mix a good one.

Back