HiRez Poll Guns N' Roses - APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Guns N' Roses - APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION

• Total voters
It was not my intention to "blast" you, I did say I meant no disrespect. Was just curious what you meant by your comment. I agree this is an excellent release and I'm glad you're enjoying it as well.
I didn't read any vitriol in to your post, either.
FWIW, I think the common definition of discrete is "stuff in the rears (or center) that isn't in the front L/R."

Another set I have finally got a chance to listen to the surround and after listening to the stereo CD for a few weeks And wondering what could be done to improve things one for me was to try and remove some of the eighties from the album, second was surround to open it up.
Seems Elliot has done both with his surround mix a very nice surround mix and a drier mix removing some eighties sheen and bang a great album.
Love it and all the extras no cheap but worth the money

I've had a DTS-CD conversion of this stuck in my car all summer. It is just pure awesome!

I was curious if the bonus tracks mixed by Frank Filipetti would stand out in comparison to the album tracks, as his style is so different from ES. Sure enough, the Filipetti-mixed tracks do follow his usual style of having the vocals largely isolated in the center, and they are somewhat less aggressive about using the rear channels.

I've listened to it quite a bit more since I wrote this and I'm loving the bonus tracks! The acoustic version of "You're Crazy" is just killer...I like it better than the studio version. There's definitely plenty going on in the rears on the Filipetti tracks- there's one moment in the aforementioned "You're Crazy" where Axl's vocal pans from front center back to rear center.

Last edited:
If anyone's put off by the price (I was), keep an eye on Amazon.com as I managed to get the Super Deluxe Edition with free shipping to NZ and a further discount (not sure how, but it offered, I clicked and it took a further ~$8 USD off).

I can't really add anything to what's already been stated about the surround mix - it's great, I've heard stuff in it that I haven't heard before, the whole album is an enjoyable listen and the extra CDs have got some good content too.

Why dont you download and listen to my mixes before telling me to completely quit mixing music?
First of all, I'm overseas in the military, so I can't listen to any surround mixes right now.
Second, I didn't tell you to quit mixing, so relax. I suggested you consider your approach to feedback, if you want to be successful. It is far more likely that something went amiss with your mix, than a QQ member, who is hearing good things from commercial mixes needs to adjust his channels. It's as if you believe you've created a reference mix and that is just far from likely. If somebody reports the vocal is buried it is you who should double and triple check your center channel.
Oh, and thanking people for giving you feedback would help your cause too.

A "10" from me. This is the way surround Blu-rays should be done: everything mixed in surround by an engineer who knows how to exploit the benefits of surround without compromising the original sound; bonus tracks in surround and original aspect ratios used for the videos. :LB:LB:LB

Great price now which is $97 delivered to the US HERE

Thanks to Clint's heads-up, I finally got this one at that price and it arrived yesterday. So now I am ready to digest it and will post in a few days.

PS - I also cleaned up this thread. It's a poll file. Any off topic stuff is subject to deletion. Please keep poll threads on topic.
If you notice any random rambling in a poll thread that you think does not belong, please PM a mod or me and we'll check it out.
Many times things go off kilter in a poll file but we don't notice it because, well, there are a lot of poll files!

Thanks to Clint's heads-up, I finally got this one at that price and it arrived yesterday. So now I am ready to digest it and will post in a few days.

PS - I also cleaned up this thread. It's a poll file. Any off topic stuff is subject to deletion. Please keep poll threads on topic.
If you notice any random rambling in a poll thread that you think does not belong, please PM a mod or me and we'll check it out.
Many times things go off kilter in a poll file but we don't notice it because, well, there are a lot of poll files!

Sorry about that, won't happen again.

Back