Happiness is a new Needle

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to info AT sent me a while back the following stylii are compatible (not including eclipital and lower quality) with the AT440mla (and mlb) cartridges:

VMN60SLC (special line contact)
VMN50SH (shibata)
VMN40ML (microline)

From what I've seen, most of the price of a cart is the stylus. You pay near the same amount for just the stylus. Might as well have the cart too. Put the stylus on the old cart, and save the new one just in case a coil opens up on the old one.

Agreed, I picked up the cart for 45 bucks off ebay in the hopes my current stylus was compatible, which it was not... took a chance on a relatively cheap upgrade and it backfired..

broke down and bought a new AT440mlb cart \ stylus combo... hoping to have it within a week.. cant wait to start breaking it in.. bought it off ebay, its coming out of Germany. this will be a nice upgrade for me, using it on a Technics SL-1800 MK2 running through a Sansui QRX 8001. Upgrading from an AT 12s Cartridge and AT112s shibata cartridge?

Back