Hawkwind - Warrior on the Edge of Time

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't follow your post Beef....so are you saying you like this release, or you do not?
I'm very glad Mr. Wilson tackled this one. The instrumental portion of Magnu is sublime. He also smoothed out that ear piercing bridge between Assault & Battery/The Golden Void.
Yet my ears tell me that the overall fidelity is poor. Since this came from the master tapes I assume the original source was sub par as well.
I love Hawkwind. They deserved much better.
After I gave "Warrior" another listen I put on Yes Fragile - Wilson mix. The recording is years older yet the fidelity is so much better.

I'm very glad Mr. Wilson tackled this one. The instrumental portion of Magnu is sublime. He also smoothed out that ear piercing bridge between Assault & Battery/The Golden Void.
Yet my ears tell me that the overall fidelity is poor. Since this came from the master tapes I assume the original source was sub par as well.
I love Hawkwind. They deserved much better.
After I gave "Warrior" another listen I put on Yes Fragile - Wilson mix. The recording is years older yet the fidelity is so much better.
I own the CD/5.1 DVD version. I like the more rock songs but those dalek voices are not my cup of tea, very dated

Back