Home Music Compositions on AC3 surround files

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony2828

I compose multichannel music (very amateur!) with Audacity and export to AC3 surround files, which are much smaller than flac for storing on clouds.
If anyone wants to listen... I'd love to hear other's compositions!!!!

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I moved your thread to the Multi-Channel Musicians Studio section.

I don't know what bit rate/KHZ you are recording at, but 24 bit / 96 kHz would be good. But however you record, AC3 is a "Lossy" format. Better to go with a "Lossless" format like Flac. But understand sometimes one has to go with what one has or need, depending how one can play back Multi-Channel. AC3 is used for regular DVDs, but if you are playing files back on computer and want to save space and still be "Lossless," go with Flac. Foobar 2000 is a free PC program that will playback just about everything in Multi-Channel.

Hope this helps.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I moved your thread to the Multi-Channel Musicians Studio section.

I don't know what bit rate/KHZ you are recording at, but 24 bit / 96 kHz would be good. But however you record, AC3 is a "Lossy" format. Better to go with a "Lossless" format like Flac. But understand sometimes one has to go with what one has or need, depending how one can play back Multi-Channel. AC3 is used for regular DVDs, but if you are playing files back on computer and want to save space and still be "Lossless," go with Flac. Foobar 2000 is a free PC program that will playback just about everything in Multi-Channel.

Hope this helps.
But much harder to share over the internet. It seems the OP is prioritizing cloud storage space. And...while it won't be the ultimate in fidelity, AC3 is a reasonable way to listen in surround. The Dualdisc of Weird Al's "Straight Outta Lynnwood" is a lot of fun in AC3, and discs like the "DVD Space Spectacular," while limited to AC3 as a 1998 release, also sound quite good.

But much harder to share over the internet. It seems the OP is prioritizing cloud storage space. And...while it won't be the ultimate in fidelity, AC3 is a reasonable way to listen in surround. The Dualdisc of Weird Al's "Straight Outta Lynnwood" is a lot of fun in AC3, and discs like the "DVD Space Spectacular," while limited to AC3 as a 1998 release, also sound quite good.

True. And, another advantage of AC3 would be, share one's music in Lossy, but sell it in Lossless. AC3 could save with Bandwidth cost as well. That said, one does get 15GB of free Google Drive cloud storage with each Gmail account.

The beauty of being an Artist, is that one can and should present their music however one wants.

Back