Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon (CD+DVD-V [dts])

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

Florida's metalheads Iced Earth went surround again at the very beginning of this year: the CD+DVD-V edition of their 11th album Plagues of Babylon includes a 5.1 mix (dts 48/24) of its first six tracks with running time around 35 minutes. The songs are united by a story line and were mixed by Kevin Paul and Iced Earth's mainman Jon Schaffer, the duo behind the stereo mix of the album.
The DVD also offers 2 alternate album mixes in 2.0 plus 'making-of' documentary and a set of mini-interviews.
Currently available from Century Media's webstore for reasonable $11.25.

Last edited:
Florida's metalheads Iced Earth went surround again at the very beginning of this year: the CD+DVD-V edition of their 11th album Plagues of Babylon includes a 5.1 mix (dts 48/24) of its first six tracks with running time around 35 minutes. The songs are united by a story line and were mixed by Kevin Paul and Iced Earth's mainman Jon Schaffer, the duo behind the stereo mix of the album.
The DVD also offers 2 alternate album mixes in 2.0 plus 'making-of' documentary and a set of mini-interviews.
Currently available from Century Media's webstore for reasonable $11.25.

Thanks for letting me know about this. I just got into Iced Earth with their Blu Ray.

When you say 'again' does this mean more album in 5.1? Can you let me know which please. Cheers.

Thanks for letting me know about this. I just got into Iced Earth with their Blu Ray.

When you say 'again' does this mean more album in 5.1? Can you let me know which please. Cheers.

You're welcome. Adjusted info from the band's offical webpage:
In 2005, Iced Earth have released their first ever DVD Gettysburg (1863), that included two 5.1 mixes (a 'Metal' mix and an 'Orchestral' mix) of the 32-minutes long song trilogy, first introduced on band's previous album, The Glorious Burden. The music can be accompanied with moving images and lyrics that help document the course of the three-day battle.
Also included in the extensive 2-DVD package is an in-depth video tour of the Gettysburg battlefield, an interview with Jon Schaffer, two music videos from The Glorious Burden album, and other various extras.

You're welcome. Adjusted info from the band's offical webpage:
In 2005, Iced Earth have released their first ever DVD Gettysburg (1863), that included two 5.1 mixes (a 'Metal' mix and an 'Orchestral' mix) of the 32-minutes long song trilogy, first introduced on band's previous album, The Glorious Burden. The music can be accompanied with moving images and lyrics that help document the course of the three-day battle.
Also included in the extensive 2-DVD package is an in-depth video tour of the Gettysburg battlefield, an interview with Jon Schaffer, two music videos from The Glorious Burden album, and other various extras.

Thanks, this is a must have for me.

Back