Interesting little gem...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Squires Jr

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Picked up an interesting SACD today....
I Ching - Of The Marsh And The Moon (Chesky MCH Hybrid)

Nice surround and very pleasant oriental style music.
If you have a chance to grab this one (I got mine off Amazon for $12.00 plus)
give it a spin!
It was one of those "it's cheap so i'll grab it" type discs.
I'm glad I got it!

-Bob

Yup, I have it and I agree. Fantastic sound quality. Tracks from this album are often used on other "Audiophile Sampler" discs, and I have seen several audiophile equipment reviewers mentioning it.

The only slightly negative thing I can say is that the surround mixing is rather tame. I some ways I prefer the stereo version.

Yup, I have it and I agree. Fantastic sound quality. Tracks from this album are often used on other "Audiophile Sampler" discs, and I have seen several audiophile equipment reviewers mentioning it.

The only slightly negative thing I can say is that the surround mixing is rather tame. I some ways I prefer the stereo version.

Well... it's more of a "natural" surround rather than an aggressive one...

I know this is an old thread, but I just managed to get this disc last week and am truly enjoying it.

One remark though, this seems to be a quad mix, there is nothing coming out of the centre speaker (although I had to check by sticking my ear to it as from the listening distance, it sounds as if there is).

There is no mix information in the release on the subject so I am wondering if my system is somehow not outputting it correctly or if it is actually what is supposed to be on the disc.

I know this is an old thread, but I just managed to get this disc last week and am truly enjoying it.

One remark though, this seems to be a quad mix, there is nothing coming out of the centre speaker (although I had to check by sticking my ear to it as from the listening distance, it sounds as if there is).

There is no mix information in the release on the subject so I am wondering if my system is somehow not outputting it correctly or if it is actually what is supposed to be on the disc.

Still available from AmazonUS: https://www.amazon.com/Marsh-Moon-H...D=516u%2Byc7jGL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

516u%2Byc7jGL.jpg

Back