It was Fifty Years Ago Today, Monty Python Taught Us How To Play

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a Firesign Theater title in surround here
- Or are there just Dwarfs getting in the way of my Nicky Nick Nick!!! A fav. listen in High School and in another plane of consciousness!

Yup Pup that is pretty well known. But surprised to see how cheap some are going for! I do not have that one in SQ but have the first four or five albums in 2ch stereo. I know from many years ago how great this stuff sounds in Sansui Stereo Synthesis. Solid center front, pin point sounds in all 4 corners. Would probably do so good on the Surround Master!!

Ministry of Funny Walks?

AbbeyRd.gif

OK so...
I know I liked this gif earlier. But I keep looking at it & showing to others until they are ready to hit me with a dead carp! Brilliant!

Very interesting to bring up Firesign Theater. Monty Python was so British, and Firesign was so stoner, that I never really compared them to each other. Now I see that most anyone who likes one will like the other because of similarities.

Guilty as charged, though I'm not sure I understand how the Firesign Theatre got such a stoner reputation. I mean, the references are definitely there, but certainly not to any Cheech and Chong degree. Or maybe they just went over my head and I should listen again.

It's surprising how often Phil Proctor turns up in unrelated projects. He's even in an episode of All in the Family!

Right now I gotta help Porcelain make the bed.

Stop calling me Fred, my name's Adolf!

It's surprising how often Phil Proctor turns up in unrelated projects. He's even in an episode of All in the Family!

Even more surprising, he was one of the "mad" Bree folk in the FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING movie!

As for the stoner classification, well, I'd say that was their biggest audience 🥳

Maybe we should have a Firesign thread. . . .

Shame we're down to one member, now :cry:.

Don't scare me like that! Phil Proctor (79) and David Ossman (82) are still with us.

Think we could talk Dutton into doing the We're All Bozos quad? Were there any more?

There's also a quad of Everything You Know Is Wrong. Combined running time with Bozos is close to, but not over, 80 minutes, so maybe a twofer is possible.

Don't scare me like that! Phil Proctor (79) and David Ossman (82) are still with us.
There's also a quad of Everything You Know Is Wrong. Combined running time with Bozos is close to, but not over, 80 minutes, so maybe a twofer is possible.

Oops, sorry, for some reason I thought Ossman had fallen over (his HOW TIME FLIES is my fave solo FT work).

I put a link in earlier for what might be the quad of Everything You Know Is Wrong on DVD (it's a surround version, at any rate), but a twofer would rock!

It DOES Specify REGION FREE Dunc so there should be NO problem.
As Joe Dirt might say: "Dang! That's expensive." I will have to tell family & friends & hope it's a Christmas present.

BTW, I am not a gamer of any kind. Not cards, not table games, not video games. The one & only computer game I ever bought was Monty Python's Complete Waste of Time. Loved it to death in the days of Win 3.1. If I could get it install on Win 7 I would still have fun with it.

Back